Archived Those "hot" items.

Status
Not open for further replies.
That stupid Star Shower thing...ugh
So many people asked for it tonight and we are out (and all the stores around my store are too).

That's the only thing that seems like it's been in high demand so far.

The shopkin mystery box we haven't ran out of yet I don't think, only gotten a few for SFS orders, and fulfilled them all.

Pie Face, I've fulfilled a few times, canceled dozens of orders for it though.

Same goes for Bunchems.
We never have the 40ct shopkins. It's ridiculous

Shopkins, Star Shower, Bunchems, Doc McStuffins Pet Vet Checkup Center, Pie in Face game, Paw Patroller, Hot Wheels garage

I got in at 4pm yesterday. It was soon after that I had a guest ask me about Star Shower. I didn't even bother asking anyone and just told him we were out. I knew that being open for 8 hours meant there was no way on God's green earth there were any in the store.

no star shower here ... i send them to the "AS Seen On TV Store" in the mall...

"Oh there is one of them in the mall ??" "Yes, have you ever been in the mall before ? "

oh, and Walgreens, Home Depot and Bed Bath and Beyond also may have these as it is listed on their websites.....
"they are just across the street, do you need GPS for the direction to their stores?"

Dum ASSes !!

There was an issue where the Target website said we had limited quantity of the Forza 6 Xbox One. That console came out months ago and we sold out at the beginning of October. But for like a week half the calls I got were about it, and about a third of the customers were asking about it. Super frustrating.

Bean Boozled is one I get all the time believe it or not and it's too a point where I want to buy a shirt that says "We don't have that dumbass jellybean game stop asking me." We did however get play packs for it but not the actual game which makes no sense. All I know is I will never eat jellybeans again and I want it to burn in the fiery pits of hell.

The star shower thing, bunchems, the shopkins, the frozen 4x4, the beatbo toy and of course pie face. We had a fight over pie face, the LOD was handing them out to limit them, and a two soccer moms were wrestling over the last one. Funny and sad at the same time, to watch two grown women wrestle on the ground for a toy. Back in my day, I didn't need a game to want to smash a pie in my sister face, I would do it for free.

Guest: "Your out of beatbo?"
After scanning to confirm,: "Sorry, we are at this time."
Guest: "My baby's first Christmas is now ruined."
I look in the basket, and see a baby about two months old, I'm sure that kid will need intensive therapy to get over having a beatbo under the tree.

I keep hoping for the day when the 'hot' item will be a book.

"Do you have In Search Of Lost Time by Proust?"
"No, I'm sorry they only sent us 50 and they all sold out by noon.

"Do you have Heart Of Darkness by Conrad?"
"Sorry, that one has been sold out for days."

Of course that would mean a new tradition where we give books exclusively as holiday gifts, which would make me happy but I'm sure wouldn't go over well with most.
I'd also like the idea of using them to pick up ladies in bar/bookstores.
"Buy that lady at the end of the bar the book of her choice."

Replace Proust and Conrad with James Patterson and Nora Roberts and you have my other work.

How about "adult coloring books?!? Is this a thing now.

Yes, adult coloring is a thing. My other work is having an adult coloring program in the near future, and of course it's when I have to be there. Shoot me now.

Bean Boozled is one I get all the time believe it or not and it's too a point where I want to buy a shirt that says "We don't have that dumbass jellybean game stop asking me." We did however get play packs for it but not the actual game which makes no sense. All I know is I will never eat jellybeans again and I want it to burn in the fiery pits of hell.
It is located near the lifesavers banks in seasonal.

Replace Proust and Conrad with James Patterson and Nora Roberts and you have my other work.

Yes, adult coloring is a thing. My other work is having an adult coloring program in the near future, and of course it's when I have to be there. Shoot me now.

Seriously, screw James Patterson.
The man needs to stop, just not write anything for at least five years, not stamp his name along with someone else, nothing.
Nora Roberts is a mixed bag, her J.D Roberts books aren't half bad.

But ultimately, I'm happy if people are reading anything.
So many people don't read at all.

And adult coloring books are cool.

61WohABiOHL._SX494_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

Not too long ago... he had some commercial for a book on endless loop. Not even paying attention, to what he was selling... he seemed like a arrogant ass from his facial expressions. Now... if Robert Pattinson wrote a book, I *might* just read it.

Does posting and reading on this forum count?

We are going to incorporate being sold out of star shower into answering the phones. Seriously every phone call for 5 minutes (at least 10) was the same question. Really aggravating.

Wow I had no idea star shower was so popular.

I had a guest ask me about it for the first time today, so I looked it up, told her we should have one on hand and that it would be with our ASTV section on the other side of the store.

Guessing it probably wasn't actually in stock...

Polaroid or Fujifilm "instant" cameras. The kind that pop out the picture like old-school Polaroid cameras did. I worked Electronics a total of 2 hours so far this season, and had 4 guests ask me if we sell them/had them in stock

Polaroid or Fujifilm "instant" cameras. The kind that pop out the picture like old-school Polaroid cameras did. I worked Electronics a total of 2 hours so far this season, and had 4 guests ask me if we sell them/had them in stock
I don't think I've ever sold one...maybe the film once a year. Even my affluent guests balk at sixty plus bucks for a Polaroid camera.

Ugh.

Star Shower.

Once a guest finds out we are out (and it's usually me that tells them), I usually go over the walkie telling TMs that we are out. If I don't, there are a million people asking "are we out?"

I don't think we've ever really had them. If we get a shipment it's got to be only a few.

I thought they were tacky as heck until I asked one guest out of curiousity why they were such a big deal, and apparently it's a way to spruce up a house's outside without the pain-in-the-neck-ness of buying strings of lights and stringing them along the outside. Put that way, I can get it. Still too much money for a single item you'll only use maybe a month out of the year though.

The man needs to stop, just not write anything for at least five years, not stamp his name along with someone else, nothing.
Nora Roberts is a mixed bag, her J.D Roberts books aren't half bad.

James Patterson is like the Pumpkin Spice Latte of authors; if you're into banal best-sellers, here you go.

The readership at my library has a particular affinity for Nora Roberts; if it were Target, the whole system would collapse when she comes out with a new book.

But ultimately, I'm happy if people are reading anything.

Fair enough. I guess I shouldn't complain when yet another person comes in looking for boiler-plated trashy romances that my location doesn't own (because the majority of our patrons are elderly women who aren't into that sort of thing).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back