Archived Those prompts went over well today.... Not.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm sorry, 99% of my guests paying with CASH were doing so because they, or their sig other, refuse to use ANY card in Target.

Thankfully no one got irked, but it was just not happening at all.

The STL came up to my lane and I told him and the GSTL that... he took it well. He knows our guests (older, retired folks mainly), there is no pushing.

ANyway... such fun!

Surprisingly we got someone to sign up today! Just one person though, early in the morning. It gave everyone false hope for the rest of the day hahaha.

Yeah I was shocked when service called me this morning and told me the registers are prompting again. Lmao!

I was off today...are stores actually following the "only ask when prompted rule" or are we bugging everyone again? And is the cash threshold for getting a prompt still the same?

like i said before we are asking everyone. prompts seemed lower than normal today when i checked around lunch but I forgot to check them again before i left.

I was off today...are stores actually following the "only ask when prompted rule" or are we bugging everyone again? And is the cash threshold for getting a prompt still the same?

We were told to ask everyone starting today. I was notified to start doing sotwo days ago when I came in.

We've actually had several signups, I've gotten 4 myself today and our store has had 9.

Our STL told us to follow the "only when prompted". I have no idea if anyone got anything - I was so busy at my lane I was never logged off until I tried to go on break at 2:30 (came in at 12:30).

I have no idea what the threshold is - this is my first week up at the lanes all the time. It seemed random though - and it prompted all my check writers, and one big CC sale ($480).

I had multiple people that had one already but refused to use it, and one person wanted me to look his up.

I just think the demographics of our area are going to make this a slow process. They are barely trusting us for anything - let alone this.

Hmmm, it seemed higher. More related to what was being bought than a set dollar amount.

It still could have been though, and I was just that busy that I didn't pay close enough attention. I swear i'm a guest magnet, it lest matter which register I get I swear I'm busier than anyone else. I planned to return the basket/hanger/go back favor today... And never had a chance!

Anyway, I work Friday and Sunday, it will be interesting to see how it goes then.

I've been getting mixed messages with asking at prompts only or asking everyone. It didn't seem like anyone was really mad or angered at us asking again. They all just said "uhh, no thank that's okay", a few were a tad confused with it. Although lots of people still ask "is it safe to use my card?" or some other variation of it. We'll see how it goes...

I would say 75% or more of my guests asked today if it was safe. Demographically it was only the ones over the age of 50-60. If the younger ones did it, they did it jokingly while shipping their cards.

Its interesting because the numbers asking up front do not mirror my eperience in the pharmacy at all.

I ponder stuff like this, I'd want more info on the decline offer side to analyze.

The responses we are getting from our guests are when being asked today: "Are you serious?" "Hell no" "I am not falling for your trap" "I don't want to get hacked"

Heck I had a guest who open a fresh new checkbook from Washington Mutual. Now those are old checks.

I've heard nothing about how my store is handling it because I haven't been scheduled to work since before they turned the prompts back on.

My store had 70+ prompts today and 0 redcards. Our electronics RC guru almost got one on a prompt but the ol "didn't have a check" issue came up.

Last I heard we had about 2 in the middle of the afternoon yesterday. The STL seemed happy with that, so we will see how it continues.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back