Archived Time to call corporate

Status
Not open for further replies.
My bathroom time is mine. I take it when I need to go. I've worked on holding it in until break so that management can be happy, but it's affecting me.

I'm calling the Integrity line.

Just curious...whats your work center?

If they are that strict and telling you that you can only go the bathroom on your breaks and lunches, I would start counting how many times your ETLs and TLs use the facilities. Or get your doctor to write up a doctors note saying its affecting your health causing kindey and urinary infections. And the doctors visit is being billed to Target.

Or you could just spill some apple juice around your work area.

If you're working anywhere on the front end or back in electronics, I can understand why they might tell you to wait or go during your breaks, but if you're anywhere else on the floor I don't see why they need to make an issue out of it.

I guess drink less water or go before you start work. If you need to go more than once every 3 hours, you should probably go see a doctor.

I can't imagine any management saying something about this, now if its a pattern where the TM knows break is at X time and everyday goes to the restroom for the 10 minutes right before X time then I could see them saying something or if its like 3 times per shift for 10 minutes I could see an ADA conversation.

How exactly did this become an issue?

I would just squash it by getting a doctor's note. You likely wont even have to deal with the doctor-- just speak to the secretary and let them know that you need to have a note stating that you need access to the "facilities" as needed. Trust me-- they'll think it's as ridiculous as you do, and they'll sympathize. If the doctor even questions it, let them know how you are only being allowed to use the restroom every 4-5 hours, and with the 8 servings of water you drink per day (riiiiiight?) you simply can't hold it in that long!

Really, it IS really bad for you to hold it anyways.

I would just squash it by getting a doctor's note. You likely wont even have to deal with the doctor-- just speak to the secretary and let them know that you need to have a note stating that you need access to the "facilities" as needed. Trust me-- they'll think it's as ridiculous as you do, and they'll sympathize. If the doctor even questions it, let them know how you are only being allowed to use the restroom every 4-5 hours, and with the 8 servings of water you drink per day (riiiiiight?) you simply can't hold it in that long!

I tried to call the corporate line, but it said the "wireless number i'm trying to reach" wasn't available. I used the number Hardlinesmaster had on his sig.

A few hours after that I recognized that there probably wasn't any point in calling and that I would essentially just reduce my hours and get treated worse. I mean, it's a real complicated decision to make especially given that this is my only job.

Better to just let it go....

I tried to call the corporate line, but it said the "wireless number i'm trying to reach" wasn't available. I used the number Hardlinesmaster had on his sig.

A few hours after that I recognized that there probably wasn't any point in calling and that I would essentially just reduce my hours and get treated worse. I mean, it's a real complicated decision to make especially given that this is my only job.

It could be pointless and start drama IF the situation is actually a silly one. Like, why do you feel like they're not letting you use the bathroom? Are they actually saying no, or are they asking where you're going, or what?

It could be pointless and start drama IF the situation is actually a silly one. Like, why do you feel like they're not letting you use the bathroom? Are they actually saying no, or are they asking where you're going, or what?

Okay, here it is:

I usually go to the bathroom three times. One is after break is over (like everyone else does). Another time is during the middle of the shift. The last is during the last half of the shift.

Each time I go it's about five-six minutes. I've seen some people disappear for 30 minutes.

For some reason because other people do this for more time than I do, I end up getting tailed by head ETLs and Team Leads. I was pulled into the office on the matter and it was explained to me that all of the managers talk about it.

I've even had team members ask me whether I was doing a number 2 in the bathroom.

I've tried to simply ignore all of this because I do not want my life spent fighting with people that mean nothing in my real life. The problem is it seems as if the situation calls for a corporate call.

I don't know...

Communication is the key to solve this issue. If I was your tl, you asked me cover electronics for a quick break. i would say sure, no problem. I have a tm who has kidney issues & told me in advance of their issue. They're very embrassed by it.

Your leadership might not want to make a mountain out of this molehill.
Years back, several female autoworkers won a hefty court settlement after it was shown that they were being denied toilet breaks by male supervisors. The women were threatened with disciplinary actions, embarrassed in front of male coworkers & docked for 'toilet time' resulting in some wearing adult diapers, several had repeated UTIs & a few reported instances of peeing themselves.

Let them tell me when I can or can not go to the bathroom! Needless to say I wouldnt have to worry about when I can take a bathroom break or not as I would be receiving a nice settlement payment! I do know people use the bathroom to talk on their phone though and we have had leaders have to go to the bathroom at the same time to make sure this was not what is happening

The problem with letting management know about this issue is that they are friends with some of the more gossipy members of our team. Private matters no longer stay private.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back