Archived Time to ramble on

Status
Not open for further replies.
I left Spot a few months ago. I was lucky to work with terrific people in a terrific store. We had great management and when the going got tough we pulled together. I was given different offers to stay on but it just wasn't possible.
I truly hope the company flourishes and that the decision makers see the wisdom of taking better care of the part time tms.
I returned to full time ranch work, portraiture and illustration.

Ranch life pretty chilly today. I've fallen back into the routine. Feed. Check fences. Predator issues. I think dtl for some reason ;) get that same watched feeling and an irrational desire to zone.

Are you working on a ranch hourly or maintaining your own ranch? Are you selling food, cattle, etc to grow an income?

My own ranch. Not a big one but it keeps me busy. I sell live animals and eggs. It's about a break even proposition but we eat really well. I sold a few dozen eggs at work but more often gave them away. A very kind Tm did that for me when times were tough and I was happy to return the favor.

I kept mean to say congratulations and how awesome I think what you are doing is, @Redzee
It just didn't seem like a post that deserved a simple gif.

I grew up on a truck farm in the boontoolies of Alaska so I have mass respect for what you are doing.
In some ways I miss it, though not the lack of running water and electricity (which I'm sure you have).

You have a better life, harder, more worrisome, much more responsibility, but good.
Again congratulations.

Ranch life pretty chilly today. I've fallen back into the routine. Feed. Check fences. Predator issues. I think dtl for some reason ;) get that same watched feeling and an irrational desire to zone.
living the dream. Much respect. Working towards a homestead life on our little acre. Chickens pay for themselves most months, hatched and sold just under 60 last year. Plus eggs. It's in my blood.

Congrats. I'm happy for you.

I kept mean to say congratulations and how awesome I think what you are doing is, @Redzee
It just didn't seem like a post that deserved a simple gif.

I grew up on a truck farm in the boontoolies of Alaska so I have mass respect for what you are doing.
In some ways I miss it, though not the lack of running water and electricity (which I'm sure you have).

You have a better life, harder, more worrisome, much more responsibility, but good.
Again congratulations.
Thanks. I think you had the proverbial and literal tougher row to hoe. Bet you raised some great produce though. I'm on grid and have a secondary income. And I have tremendous admiration for anyone tackling a real homestead. Hopefully I can get back to my artwork after a year's hiatus. I miss the store but it was time to go.

living the dream. Much respect. Working towards a homestead life on our little acre. Chickens pay for themselves most months, hatched and sold just under 60 last year. Plus eggs. It's in my blood.

Congrats. I'm happy for you.
Chickens are the greatest. I have silver laced wyandottes and some goks- God only knows. More suburbs are allowing people to keep them here and you can find some good deals on exotics if people decide to get out of them. Sounds like you have a good start.

Chickens are the greatest. I have silver laced wyandottes and some goks- God only knows. More suburbs are allowing people to keep them here and you can find some good deals on exotics if people decide to get out of them. Sounds like you have a good start.
I'd likely out myself as I have exotics. For exactly that reason. It's definitely given me a reason to get up and outside evey day, even if I'm feeling like crap.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back