Archived Tips for Interviewing with STL.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi , I am closing up with interviews and my last one will be with the Store Team Leader. My first interview was an Okay interview it wasn't terrible but my answers needed improvement. TL said that I needed to get my stories together and felt if I had more time to prep for it I would have done better but the overall interview was okay he suggested I make sure I state something this like the exact problem, the solution,and outcome. So with the next one being with the STL I could use some tips some of you did to prepare for an interview. Also should I expect the questions to be the same or similiar as my first interview?

when i interviewed with my STL for a TL position it was completely different than my other interviews. We pretty much just sat in his office and have a conversation. He asked me why i wanted the job and what i brought to the table. He asked me like one question about how i would handle a situation (pertaining to two specific cashiers we had) and that was it. It took about 10 minutes. I have a really good relationship with my STL though so i don't know if that's normal or not? The other two interviews with the other ETL's were MUCH harder.
a good tip i got from an ETL when prepping for my Team Lead interview was to actually say the situation and then say "this is what i did" and "this is what the outcome was and this is what i learned" I was having a hard time wrapping up my examples and that really helped me focus and say what i needed to say.

That was the hardest part of my TL interviews too. I had great examples, but just had difficulty presenting them in a neat little package tied up with a little bow.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back