Archived Tips for keeping BTS zoned?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Your goal for BTS is to treat it like triage: if itā€™s not about to bleed out, move on to something that is. Youā€™re never gonna get a perfect zone in there besides the day it sets. Any leader who expects a perfect zone there better be prepared to hemmorage payroll into it. Make sure days before a big event (tax free, weekend prior to school starting, college move ins if applicable) you pay it extra special attention but beyond that...

Keeping seasonal zoned is nearly impossible 75% of the year. Push the freight, take care of reshop, fix any major eyesores and forget about even doing any of that because there's 98752634 guests griping that you're out of manilla paper.

A water bottle filled with vodka helps.

Just stay on top of the zone as best you can, always be going along picking up behind guests throughout your shift. It can be a tough go at times especially when it gets busy, but if you're constantly touching up here and there your entire shift it pays off in the end. Like others have said the main thing is keep it looking full while not overpushing. Hit kitchen and stationary when you grab reshop or get pulled up front. Stationary and BTS are the hardest hit areas so mainly focus on them.

What I have come to figure out is lunch boxes and pencil bags are a complete shitshow.

Anyone have tips for those?

our BTS person, yes as in singular as in there is only one person for all of the BTS and STAT + OFC, has started full on cursing in their Native language as no one around here speaks said language no on has any clue what they are saying. so it's all good.

I zoned those stupid banana pencil cases like 12 times last night. I do not understand.

Lots of small items + huge demand = it's going to be trashed constantly. Trying to do a good zone of seasonal when the store is even remotely busy is a waste of time. Your basic priority should be something like this:

1. Help guests/answer calls.
2. Pick up any items from floor and add to your reshop.
3. Do a very basic zone of any section that looks completely destroyed.
4. Work freight/pulls.
5. Work reshop.
6. If there's any time left, then focus on trying to do a decent zone.

It's about all you can do.

/Insert obvious ASANTS and priorities will change at the whims of the nearest ETL.

Lots of small items + huge demand = it's going to be trashed constantly. Trying to do a good zone of seasonal when the store is even remotely busy is a waste of time. Your basic priority should be something like this:

1. Help guests/answer calls.
2. Pick up any items from floor and add to your reshop.
3. Do a very basic zone of any section that looks completely destroyed.
4. Work freight/pulls.
5. Work reshop.
6. If there's any time left, then focus on trying to do a decent zone.

It's about all you can do.

/Insert obvious ASANTS and priorities will change at the whims of the nearest ETL.

I wish this was ok at my store.

I am expected by my ETL to complete anywhere between 1-4 uboats and do pulls and expected by my Closing TL to zone all of STA, OFCE, PLUG, HOME, and all of SEA.

I am expected to always complete it 100%.

Our BTS is set, yet we have so much seasonal backstock now it is unbelieveable. Probably over 200 plastic pools just in backstock. Goggles everywhere, and they shipped us so many ā€œteam shirt apparelā€ that you canā€™t even sort them correctly. Every repack box has at least 10 more team shirts in it.

Couldnā€™t set the back wall, locker t-frame, and one of the grocery aisles for seasonal because thereā€™s so much clearance that no one wanted.

Also southern Alabama doesnā€™t need football team shirts from any other state that they sent to us.

Our BTS is set, yet we have so much seasonal backstock now it is unbelieveable. Probably over 200 plastic pools just in backstock. Goggles everywhere, and they shipped us so many ā€œteam shirt apparelā€ that you canā€™t even sort them correctly. Every repack box has at least 10 more team shirts in it.
Itā€™ll eventually go, people buy up all that BTS stuff for charity and stuff.

Also southern Alabama doesnā€™t need football team shirts from any other state that they sent to us.
Other states donā€™t need Alabama shirts in their store eitheršŸ¤·ā€ā™€ļø But weā€™re several states away and have some anyway.

Have you tried explaining to then that education is a Ponzi scheme and say they should get candy instead of notebooks?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back