Archived Tips for pulling/doing MIRs

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

CrimsonRaven712

I've recently started working in receiving and was wondering what everyones processes for MIRs is. I have to pull them all by myself, no help from the BR team. I still don't have my process set yet, so I was wondering if anyone had any tips to make things go easier/ more quickly.

When I did Receiving, I pretty much had to pull them myself too with no help from SF and BR team. The Thursday before I could start on them I would print out the info sheets to get an idea what was coming and which ones didn’t have counts and could complete off the bat when they start on Tuesday. Most of my vendors had a similar schedule each week and often there would be a dead time that I could run away and pull MIRs for awhile

Right now Mirs will be light for the next 4 weeks. Pull the small ones first before the really big ones. You may have a morning or two when vendors or no deliveris are made first hour are two. Use that time to pull. Keep the mirs organzied as you pull. Either using two tiers or boxes. It will save you time when packing. After pulling the backroom for books pull from the salesfloor. Aisle locations are easy enough to find. The nop location for books I don't spend too much time looking for those my store doesn't flex books. The biggest time saver is to always keep an assortment of boxes. You can pack multiple mirs if boOKs in one box. To do this I will put the mir with the most books in first than put the packing slip. I will then get the mir that will best fill in the the box and band with rubber band or plastic bag with the packing slip. I don't give mirs to salesfloor but I will ask them for help if I can't find it. Use a my device because descriptions can be vague. You do have until end of Monday to show mirs as shipped so it won't count against you.

Right now Mirs will be light for the next 4 weeks. Pull the small ones first before the really big ones. You may have a morning or two when vendors or no deliveris are made first hour are two. Use that time to pull. Keep the mirs organzied as you pull. Either using two tiers or boxes. It will save you time when packing. After pulling the backroom for books pull from the salesfloor. Aisle locations are easy enough to find. The nop location for books I don't spend too much time looking for those my store doesn't flex books. The biggest time saver is to always keep an assortment of boxes. You can pack multiple mirs if boOKs in one box. To do this I will put the mir with the most books in first than put the packing slip. I will then get the mir that will best fill in the the box and band with rubber band or plastic bag with the packing slip. I don't give mirs to salesfloor but I will ask them for help if I can't find it. Use a my device because descriptions can be vague. You do have until end of Monday to show mirs as shipped so it won't count against you.

Just remember your unfinished MIRs to label your tub if you have them sitting around so that if they are boxed but not finished someone else doesn't just send them out. Yeah that happened this week..

For book MIRs is there a limit for the number you can put together in a box? Someone told me it was 10 DPCIs if it was multiple MIRS.

How long to holds on MIRs tend to last? I just did one that was like2 days, but there are some sitting back in receiving that look like they have been there for months.

Those are qa mirs which is different than your regular mir. A qa mir is a recall that is send to some or all stores . For those mirs you have to wait for the final disposition ( used to be in redwire) now it’s in recalls data sheet.
Best practice for mirs is activate on Tuesday , pulled and shipped by Friday .

Why would you combine the batches first of all? Each batch should be shipped individually and weigh all together.

So for qa mir how long is it typically held before the final? My brtl pulled multiple things from softlines the past 6 months and it's all.still.back.there. Its making me crazy since it's taking so much space in the back.

Do a My Support for each batch. Give the dpics for that qa. You should get an response in a few days. It may also be on the recall data spreadsheet. I'm not sure how far that report will go back. I'm still holding heaters from last year.

I think you are talking about the blue shirts and the shoes . It could take days , weeks or years . I have a recal since 2014 I my support and the response was that it was a legal hold ( meaning someone is suing the company over the toy) have your reverse logistics keep his recall alerts on in case he doesn’t use the computer to much.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back