Archived Tips on getting more attachments?

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's tough with TVs sometimes when people are replacing a LCD or led tv and already have the cables, mount, etc. GPS has definitely been the most difficult attachment for me to get.

Do ink cartridges and copy/photo paper count as attachments?

I guess thats true...But with how much ink cartidges are now who wants to buy one unless they need it.

Always do some digging and find out what they're doing with the device. If the guest is buying a console, ask if their TV has an HDMI port. Yeah? Oh, hey, do you have an HDMI cable to hook up your xbox to it? If you use composite, you're not getting the full quality. The HDMI cord costs $6 and will bring the full high-def experience to your living room. Do you also have a surge protector? If you're not using one, a lightning S near your house can fry your electronics. We have them for about $5 right over here. If you're still worried about electrical damage, we offer an extended warranty program good for 3 years. If there are any workmanship defects or electrical surge problems, Target's extended warranty covers repairs for up to 3 years after the purchase date.

Blah blah blah. Like that. Always be engaged with the guest. Find out what they're doing, and upsell from there.
On the geekery of video... S-Video and Component connections are the best and nearest to uncompressed signal for analog connections. Then RCA/Composite then Coxial is the least favorable.

HDMI is technically compressed but allows a multitude of resolutions to be accessed and very cheap to engineer. DVI connections are the best consumer level connection, but they are generally target toward more computer equipment.

Thanks again everyone. I worked a three hour electronics shift and I was able to get more attachments than usual. Also, thanks for posting that conversation Ligithrese, I will use your tips for my next shift!

I'm mainly a cashier and I get a good 2 attachments a day at the front lanes. Be charismatic, talk a good pace, don't rush and explain what it does. Mostly ESPs, but regardless. I usually get them by letting them know what the return policy is on electronics and tell them that they can extend that return policy to whatever esp plan they would be purchasing.

It's tough with TVs sometimes when people are replacing a LCD or led tv and already have the cables, mount, etc. GPS has definitely been the most difficult attachment for me to get.

Agreed on the GPS thing.
I usually can get the guest to buy one of the zipper-carry cases or an ESP, but most of the time it is a hard sell.

Oh to be a cute young thing. Instead i'm the disheveled sarcastic 30 something.

The Biggest ESP I been gettin this week due to them being advertised with a giftcard is the Kureig's I have 9 for the week so far Sunday alone I got 7 on them I'm just curious if the coffee's the filters and all the little accesories for the kureig's can be considered "attachments" bc that's a easy 1 usually if so

Are electronics team has gotten crafty with attachments & esp's also we have a little refernce guide we made that list all things that can have attachements & service plans broken down page by page by item & also price senarios to (with & without tax non red card) (with & without tax & red card figured in) (with & without tax with discount) with & without tax with discount & red card) took us a week roughly to finish all the pages & binder it up but every1 likes it and our DTL aproves of it due to our store's AAR & ESP has grown almost 40% YTD compared to last year

A couple of my favs:
For a gaming system, ask if more than 1 person will be playing because todays systems only come with one remote.
Be familiar with what is on clearance, i've added games & remotes to sales because of clearance.
For the gift card deal if the guest is not aware of the gift card hand them the gift card at the end with the receipt.
Ipod/ipad remind them of the importance of a screen protector.
Gps - say you want to store it under your seat or in the glove box, for $10 with a case you can protect the touch screen.
Tv replacement plans even cover damage by lightning.

Know what esps cover & how they work, ie you dont deal with the store just directly with Targets warranty company.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back