I'm Lost! tips on how i can pick up the pace?

so ive been working at target for about 3 weeks and its really different from kohls my previous job. I do stocking for food and bev and it isnt a hard job I just as they said "dont have a sense of urgency" basically I'm not going fast enough and I dont know what to do. I want to show them that I can do this job quickly I just dont know how i can improve my pace. im a very detailed person and I know that causes me to take more time making sure things are almost perfect and as hard as i try i cant stray from it. I'll take all the advice I can get thank you.

At my store the people working the uboats in Market are also the ones responsible for the zoning it too.

When you worked at Kohl's did you ever have to run clothing from the fitting rooms back to the salesfloor? I assume if you did, you likely developed a system for running it efficiently such as grabbing all of one brand to put away at a time or only taking folded items. Look for ways to make your current tasks just as efficient.

When I work a Market uboat, I always start with the top boxes to make a space for any backstock I might end up with and then work my way down to the bottom. Always keep your box cutter in the same pocket for easy access you don't have to think about. As you get more comfortable with reading the pick labels for location, you will automatically get faster at it. You will also get better at quickly zoning nearby items as you stock.

Target used to use the line, Speed Is Life. That's always in the back of my mind as I work. The faster-paced you can work, the more you will get done. Never assume you have all the time in the world to complete your task, there is always another waiting to be started.

At my store the people working the uboats in Market are also the ones responsible for the zoning it too.

When you worked at Kohl's did you ever have to run clothing from the fitting rooms back to the salesfloor? I assume if you did, you likely developed a system for running it efficiently such as grabbing all of one brand to put away at a time or only taking folded items. Look for ways to make your current tasks just as efficient.

When I work a Market uboat, I always start with the top boxes to make a space for any backstock I might end up with and then work my way down to the bottom. Always keep your box cutter in the same pocket for easy access you don't have to think about. As you get more comfortable with reading the pick labels for location, you will automatically get faster at it. You will also get better at quickly zoning nearby items as you stock.

Target used to use the line, Speed Is Life. That's always in the back of my mind as I work. The faster-paced you can work, the more you will get done. Never assume you have all the time in the world to complete your task, there is always another waiting to be started.
thank you. i noticed when i zone I get too fixated on making sure everythings where it's supposed to be so that when I stock I get as much out as I can but i need to remember speed is life and that backstocking is okay. just quickly make the first row of things look good then move on. I appreciate this so much thank you

Take the damned lanyard off your box cutter, they slow you down. Keep them placated by trying to speed it up but do it safely. A tall can of Bush's Baked Beans on the toe of your New Balances will hurt. Keep quiet and don't give them any shit or they will use it against you. Bear in mind one thing, you can go as fast as the SR-71 Blackbird and it still will NEVER be fast enough. Head down, hands on the tuna fish and keep cranking and pay no attention to their bullshit.

Back