Archived TL Cliques at your stores?

• Thread starter Barcode
  • Start date
  • Replies 54
  • Views 7K
Status
Not open for further replies.
This sounds pretty close to our store. As signing, I fall into "no-man's land" in a way, so I have gotten along with most of the TLs, and usually break with them vs. going with TMs (it doesn't help that it seems the TMs spend a lot of time whining also.) I can sympathize with "xPLUGZ - Backroom" because I can tell some TMs think I get preferential treatment due to friendships with TLs, but it is honestly because I work my butt off all day, and the TLs and ETLs see that. (I don't know about the newer STL- I have never ONCE gotten "a vibe" from him, lol. (I would feel a lot worse if it were only me he was that way to, but it is most of the TMs he treats that way, so I can deal.)

We don't have any cliques at my store as far as TLs go. There's 2-3 that hang out, the rest (as far as I know) don't interact with each other outside of work.

As far as TMs - If I want to hang out with TMs outside of work, I can and do. Someone else can ***** and whine all they want but I'm not working at the time, I'm not salary, and it doesn't interfere with work. On a completely different note - Do I show favoritism to TMs? You're damn right I do, to the ones who come in and get their **** done. All personal feelings aside, it's all about their work.

We have a small store (STL, 4 ETLs, 3 SrTLs), and management changes so often that there's really no opportunity for cliques to form. We had a TL and ETL that were very close (like, if they were both closing, nothing would get done), but the ETL left so that's no longer an issue. I get along well with almost all the ETLs and TLs; I feel I get preferential treatment from some of them, definitely. I think being BR-Day enables me to have a more informal relationship than what someone in the front-end would have, but that's just a guess. I work hard and treat management like human beings instead of crazy overlords. I get the idea that a lot of TMs think they just sit in their office all day, counting their fat stacks of cash and cackling evilly. Ultimately, they are cogs just like the rest of us.

we did have one at our store which called themselves the dream team. it was made up of several team members, two TLs and one ETL.it eventually collapsed do to infighting.a few months later it was reborn as the neo-dream team.though it was significantly smaller then it's predecessor.once both TLs left and one member became a TL that one fizzled out to.since we changed STLs none have been able gain traction, thank God for that.

There wasn't so much cliques in my store as a sea of tumultuous, frothing hate towards each other from the department TLs. An ever shifting chess game of back stabbing and mean talking while each TL had their backs turned. The ETLs were the Queens and Kings and their TLs their knights, Bishops, and Rooks. We Team members were the pawns, vainly hoping that we can make it to the end to promote and take a khaki shiv to one of the leaders. There was no black and white team, only red, and it was everyone against everyone.

That was pure poetry. I shed a single tear of joy on reading that. Just perfect.

There wasn't so much cliques in my store as a sea of tumultuous, frothing hate towards each other from the department TLs. An ever shifting chess game of back stabbing and mean talking while each TL had their backs turned. The ETLs were the Queens and Kings and their TLs their knights, Bishops, and Rooks. We Team members were the pawns, vainly hoping that we can make it to the end to promote and take a khaki shiv to one of the leaders. There was no black and white team, only red, and it was everyone against everyone.

So are you House Stark or more House Lannister?

We have 20ish i think? Maybe more.

Holy ****.

We have:

STL
ETL-HR
ETL-PHARMACY
ETL-AP
ETL-SL
ETL-GE
ETL-HL x 2
SrTL-HL x 2
GSTL x 3 (w/ 5 GSA's)
TL-HR
TL-SL x 2
TL-HL x 2
TL-P-FRESH
TL-INSTOCKS
TL-PRICE ACCURACY
TL-BACKROOM
TL-RECIEVING
TL-FOOD AVE
TL-SBUX
SFT

And that's not counting the 5 or so ETL/TLs from O/N.

Too many bosses...

Last edited:

Holy ****.

We have:

STL
ETL-HR
ETL-AP
ETL-SL
ETL-GE
ETL-HL x 2
SrTL-HL x 2
GSTL x 3 (w/ 5 GSA's)
TL-HR
TL-SL x 2
TL-HL x 2
TL-INSTOCKS
TL-PRICE ACCURACY
TL-BACKROOM
TL-RECIEVING
TL-FOOD AVE
TL-SBUX
SFT

And that's not counting the 5 or so ETL/TL from O/N.

Too many bosses...

I'm glad I only have to deal with 2 bosses at my current job. The assistant manager and the site manager...

Holy ****.

We have:

STL
ETL-HR
ETL-AP
ETL-SL
ETL-GE
ETL-HL x 2
SrTL-HL x 2
GSTL x 3 (w/ 5 GSA's)
TL-HR
TL-SL x 2
TL-HL x 2
TL-INSTOCKS
TL-PRICE ACCURACY
TL-BACKROOM
TL-RECIEVING
TL-FOOD AVE
TL-SBUX
SFT

And that's not counting the 5 or so ETL/TL from O/N.

Too many bosses...

That's a lot of team leads. Well I don't wish for that many people, having more than 1 hard lines TL would be nice -_-

My store has cliques among team members and TLs. It's annoying. Target is very high school :p

Last edited:
STL
Sr.ETL Food
ETL-HR
ETL-Food x 3
ETL-AP
ETL-HL
ETL-SL
ETL-GE
ETL-RX
ETL-Clinic
ETL-O/N
ETL-LOG

GSTL x 2
Sales Floor TL x 4
Softlines TL x 2
Hardlines TL (grocery) x 2
Produce TL x 2
BR/Instocks TL
HRTL
Food Ave TL
Starbucks TL
Deli TL
Bakery TL
Meat TL
Price Accuracy TL
Pharmacy TL
Presentation TL
Several O/N TLs (not sure how many, I don't work O/N! I think they have a couple flow tls and a backroom/rcvg TL as well)

So that makes for about 14 ETLs and 25-26 TLs... Providing I haven't forgot anything!

Last edited by a moderator:
STL
ETLs:
HR
Food x2
HL x 2
SL
GE
LOG
AP
RX x 2

TLs:
HL x 2
SL x 2
GSTL x 2
Bakery
Starbucks
FA
Meat
CTL x 2
Pricing
Presentation
HR
Backroom
Instocks
Deli
RX
Produce

I think i got everyone!

So are you House Stark or more House Lannister?

I just can't choose, it's like Sophie's choice except I'm just giggling instead of being in agony.

Backroom
In stocks
GSTL
Consumables
AP
Pricing
Food Av/Starbucks

One SrHL
One SrGSTL

I can't figure out who I'm missing.....

Flow TL?
Softlines TL?
We are ULV and somehow we have one TL for food ave and one TL for starbucks, not sure how they get away with that? Just being the TL for starbucks seems pretty freaking easy.

Backroom
In stocks
GSTL
Consumables
AP
Pricing
Food Av/Starbucks

One SrHL
One SrGSTL

I can't figure out who I'm missing.....

Flow TL?
Softlines TL?
We are ULV and somehow we have one TL for food ave and one TL for starbucks, not sure how they get away with that? Just being the TL for starbucks seems pretty freaking easy.

I think our Flow and Backroom TL are the same. Otherwise we have one, but not the other. And no softlines TL since October...and no idea if/when that will get filled.

I honestly couldn't tell you how many we have at my store....in the pharmacy, we are pretty much left to our own devices and really not "included" in much of anything.

A+ volume P-Fresh

STL

ETL-HR
ETL-GE
ETL-Hardlines x2
ETL-Softlines
ETL-AP
ETL-Log
ETL-Replenishment
ETL-Rx x2

SrTL-Hardlines x2
TL-HR
GSTL x3 (plus 5 GSAs)
TL-Hardlines x2
TL-Softlines x2
TL-Consumables (plus 3 PAs)
TL-Food Ave.
TL-Starbucks
TL-Instocks (also does Hardlines)
TL-Pricing
TL-Backroom Day
TL-Backroom O/N
TL-Flow Key Carrier x2
TL-Plano
SFT

My store has:
STL
ETL-hr
ETL-log
ETL-SL/HL/GE
ETL-Rx
SrTL logistics
SrTL softlines
SrGSTL
GSTL
HL TL
POG/Price Accuracy TL
Flow TL
Market/p fresh TL
APTL
SFT

Low volume p-fresh

One of our TLs was bragging about having a newly opened, very popular restaurant catering their meeting today. I like this TL, but I thought that was rather rude.

Where are these damn stores at that the TLs get to do nothing, eat, boss TMs around, and just plain out suck?

Where are these damn stores at that the TLs get to do nothing, eat, boss TMs around, and just plain out suck?

we've never had more than oj and donuts at a TL meeting. I've never even seen an ETL meeting have food catered in other than when they buy their own lunch. And i know it's their money because they ask other Tm's if they wanna go in for anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back