Archived TL & ETL ask if I'm interested in taking a TL position

Status
Not open for further replies.
Depends on your department.

Backroom, unless there is another title for it.

Just be careful and try not to get your hopes up too much. This sort of thing happened to me, and I basically got screwed out of the position.

*sigh* ...quickly losing interest the more I read the replies from this forum.

What WillsWorld said. Hell i was screwed over twice, once for a signing position, then again for Plano TL, yet i was one of two guys in my store that can deal with the stress of running my stores bulkroom everyday(this includes the DOM/BEDS/BATH fill groups) during overnight then eventually early morning.....

Depends on your department.

Backroom, unless there is another title for it.

Just be careful and try not to get your hopes up too much. This sort of thing happened to me, and I basically got screwed out of the position.

*sigh* ...quickly losing interest the more I read the replies from this forum.

Here is a link to the back room:
http://www.thebreakroom.org/showthread.php/90-Backroom
Instocks link:
http://www.thebreakroom.org/showthread.php/102-Instocks

*Update*

HR ETL during my 90 day review said that they are indeed considering me for a TL position but needed to know if I'd be willing to work somewhere other than Backroom. That I'd become valuable the more global I become. My Backroom TL said someone is leaving for reasons unrelated to Target but couldn't say who or from what work center. He did say that he thinks it's a good offer and to take.

Well, HR ETL just called a few moments ago. So... apparently my first interview is with her tomorrow and my second is with the STL 4 hours later. So yeah, not much time to prep... Any tips or pointers?

From what I have been told about TL interviews, it's "tell me about a time" questions with answers to come from more within Spot instead of outside times. Also, they want TLs to be global, so you need to show you are thinking about the big picture and not just one area.

From what I have been told about TL interviews, it's "tell me about a time" questions with answers to come from more within Spot instead of outside times. Also, they want TLs to be global, so you need to show you are thinking about the big picture and not just one area.

pretty much what retail girl said. "tell me about a time you had an impact on the store" etc. Also, don't deny the tl position no matter what it is.

Ok, thank you. I'm still surprised that they're adamantly considering me. They've been throwing hints and showing me things outside of my core responsibilities since the middle of my second month. Then at my 90-day review (Dec. 7th) I get an official offer. I typically put forth effort with anything I do. I've just been doing what I've been told and suppose to do. This feels like walking in on a surprise birthday party but it isn't your birthday, you know?. This is all unexpected.

If they're going after brand new hires for TL material, they likely have trouble retaining people at your store and might not be as say, picky, as some other stores would be. Not saying you aren't a fabulous worker, but at my store you would have to be around a little longer to get the nod for a TL. ALTHOUGH we do have a fairly decent promotion culture at my store and I think our backroom TL/ETL LOG is just really good and aggressive at getting their picks through to the top, because they've promoted two TM's to TL from the backroom in the last year, and both were fairly new hires.

Had both interviews with the HR ETL and STL (with an STL in training listening in). Simply put both went great in mine and their opinion. When the DTL becomes available I'll have my third with him.

The STL and HR ETL are playing coy I think. My TL and an ETL who recently left Spot both didn't reveal specifics but definitely suggested there is a specific position becoming available soon and they want me specifically to fill it. But, I'm not getting my hopes up just yet as anything can happen between now and then. Time will tell. Happy New Year everyone. :D

The only other Log ETL who didn't do my second, seasonal position interview approached me in the backroom to shake my hand and congratulate me on my resent interviews. Needless to say I haven't spoken a word about it to my fellow TMs since I've been told not to. Thirty minutes later a TM states he kinda overheard what the ETL said and asked if I was moving up or something nonetheless.

1374001594622s.jpg

I denied it and downplayed it as it being a performance review or something of the like.

INTENSIFYING_DOGE.gif

Actual conversation last year:

Me to upcoming TL: congratulations on your new position! That's great!
TM to TL: RG, I told you not to say anything about it!
Me: I didn't, it was announced at huddle, so I figured it was public information...

Had the third interview today. It really did feel as if it was just for formality. 1) Tell me about yourself 2) Asked three questions I already faced in previous interviews 3) Ok, great! Bye. 4)???? 5) Profit!!!1!one!

I'm not in Canada though.

I think RG was referring to the fact that practically every store in the US is going to be over or at headcount for TLs for awhile now in the states because of AE14

Neither am I. And with the AE14 changes, every single store is losing (or simply won't be filling) about 1/4 to 1/3 of the TL positions. There is zero room for advancement from TM to TL in this company right now.

GSTL, they're aiming at putting me in GSTL. It's funny because I know more than they think I do. The day after they say, [paraphrasing] "...it isn't definite as things can change but how would you feel about filling a GSTL position? That may or may not be the position. You'll have time to think it over, training won't take place for some time." Next day we're already discussing transportation to a neighboring Target with the closest GSTL trainer. In conjunction with information I'm gotten from other sources, GSTL is definitely the position I'll be in.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back