Archived TL Pfresh Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
A CTL just went to the class a couple months ago so that seems odd. And stupid cuz....knowledge of food safety is kinda important.
Mine have as well, but out ctl spot is srtl so they carry keys and do lod duties.

There's a food safety class that some localities (like my county) make you take (Target doesn't require it for non-lod's) and there's a computer training module that any food leader has to take. Both of the 'courses' cover dates well enough where you know you shouldn't sell thawed meat past the shelf life regardless of BB date.

How can you have a documented coaching for this??? You saved the company from being sued or bad publicity from people getting sick eating it.

Definitely go straight to hr. My guess is they were not partnered with on this coaching.

And you can't be coached for doing something the Stl told you to do. What the hell?? Your tl sounds dumb. Lol

If the STL told you to do it, they can't really coach you for doing as you're told. I think you may have just hurt his pride but you know what, that doesn't matter especially if you made a well educated decision especially regarding food safety. Your TL needs to get over himself.

Yeah he made sure I knew it was a documented coaching and said if I went over his head again about things that'll I'll get written up for insupportanation. My HR wasn't at the store today but yeah I completely agree that I just hurt his pride and he is the type of person who needs to be right all the time. It was more dumb because he said if I have a problem to address him about it even though I did and he ignored the issue. SIGH

Did you just get yelled at for going over his head, or was it an official coaching? If it was an official coaching I would make sure an ETL saw the piece of paper where your TL wrote "Frida went over my head on a food safety issue and is being coached for it" because that is bullshit of the highest order.
I was coached! He said that this was an official coaching and said that I lacked attention for detail because I lost the company money. He also made threats to me if I spoke to someone higher up again that's he'd write me up again. It's all complete BS. He was very stern about saying he's my boss and I need to come to him first when I have an issue even though I do and did but he ignores me. He always needs to be right.

I was coached! He said that this was an official coaching and said that I lacked attention for detail because I lost the company money. He also made threats to me if I spoke to someone higher up again that's he'd write me up again. It's all complete BS. He was very stern about saying he's my boss and I need to come to him first when I have an issue even though I do and did but he ignores me. He always needs to be right.
sounds like he needs to be placed on a final warning or even terminated for threatening retaliation.

Yeah he made sure I knew it was a documented coaching and said if I went over his head again about things that'll I'll get written up for insupportanation. My HR wasn't at the store today but yeah I completely agree that I just hurt his pride and he is the type of person who needs to be right all the time. It was more dumb because he said if I have a problem to address him about it even though I did and he ignored the issue. SIGH

That right there alone I would talk to HR about because now he's threatening you. Sounds like a twirp who thinks he's top dog now and just throwing his "higher up status" around just because he thinks he can. Good luck! HR will most definitely be on your side especially being threatened like that

Your TL is officially in the running for douchebag of the year.

Everything that you are describing sounds like, he got wounded pride and totally retaliated against you for clearly doing what was the right thing for our guests and your store. I bolded the key words/pharses you may want to use in the
discussion.

First, I would go to the ETL-HR or the STL and ask for clarification on why you where coached on putting expired product out for the guest to buy, you understand that TL said it was okay, but then you investigated and found the product not to be up to Target standards and confirmed this with the STL, the nearest LOD, reducing the risk of illness or lawsuit for your store and guest. Yes, 500 dollars is a considerable amount, however, the cost of expired or tainted meat would cost more to the store and targets reputation. You felt that you retaliated against and threatened by the TL during the coaching, so now you no longer feel safe even though you did the right thing for the company/store/guest.

I know it will hard not to call out the douche TL, when talking to either the HR or STL, but its about taking the higher road and trying to reach an understanding, upper management hates when these situations become a nasty verbal fight.

Your TL is officially in the running for douchebag of the year.

Everything that you are describing sounds like, he got wounded pride and totally retaliated against you for clearly doing what was the right thing for our guests and your store. I bolded the key words/pharses you may want to use in the
discussion.

First, I would go to the ETL-HR or the STL and ask for clarification on why you where coached on putting expired product out for the guest to buy, you understand that TL said it was okay, but then you investigated and found the product not to be up to Target standards and confirmed this with the STL, the nearest LOD, reducing the risk of illness or lawsuit for your store and guest. Yes, 500 dollars is a considerable amount, however, the cost of expired or tainted meat would cost more to the store and targets reputation. You felt that you retaliated against and threatened by the TL during the coaching, so now you no longer feel safe even though you did the right thing for the company/store/guest.

I know it will hard not to call out the douche TL, when talking to either the HR or STL, but its about taking the higher road and trying to reach an understanding, upper management hates when these situations become a nasty verbal fight.

^This.

What he's saying is absolute nonsense. How exactly do you lack attention to detail? By ensuring we don't sell possibly tainted meat? That's ridiculous. He didn't do his job. You addressed your legitimate concerns with him and he brushed you off. You were obligated to go over his head in that situation. Food poisoning is no joke and can be lethal for some people. You need to talk to HR immediately!

Look, I know you are frustrated and possibly scared. I understand but no matter what, you can not let your TL walk all over you. You have to stand up for yourself. You have to be firm and intimidating while not insulting your TL. Like others have said, he his on a power trip. If you make him feel threatened, he might think twice about writing you up.

Your ETL HR and STL should be on your side. Just talk to them asap. Next time you see either one, say

If they refuse to back you up then follow thru with your request to move to another work area.
He's proven that his ego is more important than safety thereby undermining the effectiveness of his leadership.
If he refuses to best practices/food safety/health laws, HE can be on the hook for it.
I'd also consider a hotline call if leadership refuses to address it because your TL is putting the guests' health AND the company at risk.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back