Archived TL Position

Status
Not open for further replies.

Apoll0

Closing Lead
So, a couple of months ago, I applied for a Presentation Team Lead Position at another store. I talked to my ETL and the ETL-HR about it and they both said it was a good idea. My ETL came up to me about a week later and sat me down to have a discussion about where I want to go with Target. We talked and she said she wanted to work with me a bit more about being a Team Lead before putting me on the bench. So right now, I'd guess I'd be considered as "in the pipeline." Then, a couple of months after that, there was an open Sr. TL position open and I brought it up to my ETL-HR but she said that my STL shut it down and said "I wasn't ready for that." Now, I was looking online and there's another Lead position open at a completely different store and I want to bring it up again. Would you guys think that would be a bad idea? Should I just wait and keep trying to learn more about the store before trying to move up? I've been working here for about two years, by the way.

Definitely keep talking about it. Maybe not about a specific position at a specific store, but ask for projects and responsibilities to start building your leadership skills. Keep asking for these, then execute it to the best of your ability, then ask for feedback on how you're doing or how you did. This kind of engagement really shows positively on ya, and it helps to not keep you stuck in the pipeline indefinitely.

Definitely keep talking about it. Maybe not about a specific position at a specific store, but ask for projects and responsibilities to start building your leadership skills. Keep asking for these, then execute it to the best of your ability, then ask for feedback on how you're doing or how you did. This kind of engagement really shows positively on ya, and it helps to not keep you stuck in the pipeline indefinitely.
Hmmmm, is this how Target gets its quality leadership?

No, but this is how it should work. Too often, good TMs are put in the pipeline and then promoted without having ever developed or proven their leadership skills. Then they're put into role knowing how to execute, but not how to lead execution.
But instead of asking for more things to do would be better if you actually take intiative. Comunícate what got done. Take the lead when a lead is not there and what I mean by it delegate . Show your potential on strategizing , managing and executing . Being a leader is to know how to lead to accomplish all that . To drive for results

Reactions: Dog
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back