Archived TL SELF REVIEWS

Status
Not open for further replies.
I haven't even had time to step off the floor to do this. I need to hurry up and get it done because then I have to write my TM reviews -.-

Well as a APS you're a team lead. You're expected to write people up, etc. just talk about that in your review.
I mean, kind of. I don't do coachings or anything, my APTL does. I do a lot for theft culture and communicating among other teams, just haven't felt very team-leady.

I mean, kind of. I don't do coachings or anything, my APTL does. I do a lot for theft culture and communicating among other teams, just haven't felt very team-leady.
Well in part of your review you have to write your OPPS for the year. That could be one...holding the team accountable by doing coachings.

As APS I don't do many coachings. But I also have a APTL and ETL AP at my store to handle that stuff.

I'll have to look at my self review tomorrow.

This would be my first time doing a self review as a TL, does anyone have an idea of how to approach it?

First year as a Team lead. When are these suppose to be done? :S

Just log into the Talent Management System on Workbench (you can add it as one of your quick links so it's easier to get to in the future). There's a guide that explains what is expected for each review score (IE, E, O, etc.) ask HR if you need help finding this. Then you just go click on reviews and fill out the form. There's also documents on workbench that give tips for writing reviews. You don't need to write a novel, just keep it brief and be honest with yourself. Very few people actually deserve an O if they're being honest with themselves.

The deadline I had was the 15th
That's the first I've heard of it. I know Teams Lead do them around this each year. But no mention of it from any team leads or etls in my store about the tl reviews.

It might be ASANTS on this, but I got an email a couple weeks ago saying that my review was available and to log into talent management and enter my review score.

Its a 10-15 min process at the most (less if you've been around the block a few times). You should have your AE score by now so use that number to get your corresponding letter grade. If you want to fight for extra points, here's your opportunity to list your wins and what not.

W
Its a 10-15 min process at the most (less if you've been around the block a few times). You should have your AE score by now so use that number to get your corresponding letter grade. If you want to fight for extra points, here's your opportunity to list your wins and what not.
What's an AE score?

W
What's an AE score?
It's how 90 percent of how your review is scored. For example Sales, survey's, safety, Amount of red cards the store got, was your team under or above payroll..for example if someone on your team went into compliance this past year you get a lower review score.

IIRC, on the left hand side of Workbench, there's a drop down menu and one of the links is "Achieving Excellence Scorecard" or similar. Load up the TL one, and specify whether or AP, HR, or Salesfloor.

It'll make up your first 85 points. The last 15 are discretionary points for your ETL to use.

Example, lets's say your scores AE score is a 60. You had a pretty terrible year. The absolute best score you could get would be a 75, which is an E.

Let's say you rocked it and got an 85. No matter what your ETL thinks of you, you're going to get an EX. (I don't think any store gets all their points though).

After that you write about your strengths/opps, what you did concerning them and then an overall summary of yourself.

Problem is is that the format changes every year. I remember one year I rewrote mine 3 times because first it was bullet points, then it wasn't, then you had to categorize your str/opps relate them to your goalplan, then you didn't need to mention your goalplan, then you just had to copy/paste it and not talk about it etc.

I've been a TL for 10 years and have been told I'll never promote because I'm too challenging of ETL'S. I've learned that "E" means you do your job so basically do you do your core roles. There are leadership points that can be added to or taken away from your base score. Look at your AE score because that is your base score. Keep it brief, speak to what you do well and own your opportunities. Most of you will fall into the E category simply because you do your job.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back