Archived TL Softlines

Status
Not open for further replies.

SupermanLeader

Senior Team Leader - Human Resources
About me: Been with the Company for 5 years so far. Started as a junior in high school, as a cashier on my 16th bday. Two years later got promoted to GSA on my 18th bday lol. For the past year I have been trying to get promoted to a TL. My college path is to graduate with a Bachelors in Business Admin and thinking about Target as a career. I enjoy working with different ppl day to day although like many there are some days I might hate my job. Now today I was asked about becoming a TL in Softlines. Now, not to be sexist but, I am a guy lol and felt like SL is more of a females job... but after some thought I feel like I am up for the challenge. I take anything that is given to me and return it 100 times better so I feel like I can rise in any challenge...

Now... what are your thoughts??

Let me know :)

thanks

I say go for it, too. Several years ago we had a guy as one of our SL TLs. I think he was over babies/infants, though. Good luck! :)

Remember that no TL spot is permanent. Use this as an opportunity to showcase your abilities & it will lead to other areas.
Our store shakes up TL locations every so often to keep them from getting complacent. Seems to work as some have moved on to better things (not always at our store).

I just got promoted to Softlines TL. That means that I'm now the only guy on the whole softlines team!

I've never worried about being in a "female" job. I'm concerned with brand. And while I may not be thrilled to reshop intimates, hey, it my area.

What i have noticed that bothers me [at my store], is that most female team members (SF tms) work in softlines, while most male team members (again SF tms only) work in hardlines. Frankly, I think that's sexist. If you are a Sales Floor tm, I think it's important that you know about the SALES FLOOR and not just half of it.

We had a male Softlines TL for a while. I don't think gender really makes a difference. Men do wear clothes, don't they?

Hr king, congrats! Let's see how fast they move you to hl. Our last guy, sl tl was moved 3 weeks later into hl.

I just got promoted to Softlines TL. That means that I'm now the only guy on the whole softlines team!

I've never worried about being in a "female" job. I'm concerned with brand. And while I may not be thrilled to reshop intimates, hey, it my area.

What i have noticed that bothers me [at my store], is that most female team members (SF tms) work in softlines, while most male team members (again SF tms only) work in hardlines. Frankly, I think that's sexist. If you are a Sales Floor tm, I think it's important that you know about the SALES FLOOR and not just half of it.

Lol this is exactly how it is at my store. I'd be the first guy in softlines in 3 years lmao. and i'd get Mens/ Boys and Girls and intimates.. I question the need of so many bras... lmao.

Intimates is fun. The less on the hanger, the higher the price.

Can anyone tell me what the daily/weekly routine is for a Softlines TL?

Thanks!

I question the need of so many bras... lmao.

Us males are so much simpler when it comes to our wardrobes. :rolleyes: At my store, we don't have any male TLs in softlines, but the ETL-SL is a man (though I currently have doubts about this, as do several other TMs).

We TRY not to. Looked down upon by the ETLs though... :thumbsdown:

Oh I know it. I am a male myself.

A few of us were going to petition for a "dress down" night at work, where we would all come in our birthday suits and have various contests.

Didn't take long for that to be shot down though.

There are no guides for Softlines TL. Can someone PM what ones Daily/Weekly routine looks like?

There are no guides for Softlines TL. Can someone PM what ones Daily/Weekly routine looks like?

I am not a Softlines TL but I can tell you some basics about being over there until someone else more experienced comes along...

Usually, you will do whatever a normal TL does (checks e-mail, business walks, interviews etc...)... However there are some things different about being over there. First, you will be setting adjacencies in softlines (basically telling you where the racks go, special signing etc) and setting any tables and endcaps that are due within the department. You will be trained on that so don't be too worried since almost nobody does the adjacencies but the softlines TLs anyway... These things can usually be done within the first half of the week I'd say. Alot of the rest of your time will be hammering out whatever opps are in your store (so we can't tell you exactly)... but I'm sure there will always be super zones, table folds, remerching of racks or clearance, putting some love into shoes or accessories (the list goes on)... And how many of these things you need to worry about will depend on how strong of routines you have in place!

The only advice for over there I have is development! Make sure you have clear expectations for the TMs about how the zone should be and how often they should be folding tables... and develop your brand TMs who will be your best friends and potentially turn some headaches (tables and shoes) into things you will never need to worry about :)

I worked in softlines for a few years as a guy, and we had one other male team member who doesn't work that much anyway that whole time span so it was pretty much just me. It didn't bother me or my co-workers at all and I became recognized as a top performer.

When I was interviewed they asked me why I was interested in softlines and I told them I didn't know what that even was, haha. Apparently they needed people in softlines. I wanted to work hardlines or electronics. But it worked out, I really enjoyed it.

half of our Soft lines team days side is male. Two male team leads, one brand member, and another team member. Also there is male on our soft line flow!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back