TL Swapping Shifts

Is the process the same for a TL as a TM?

I had two TLs try to do this but couldn't do it in the app.

The only thing could I figure out is maybe the shift lengths were different.

If our TLs want to swap shifts (usually someone asking for another TL to close for them on their weekend), they just ask an ETL to change it myTime for them.

Last edited:
For some reason, and I'm not sure why exactly, the ability to do a shift swap with 8.5 hour shifts (aka a regular shift. Your 7-3:30s, 9:30-6s, 12-8:30, 2:30-11, and whatnot. Shifts that are scheduled for 8.5 but you work 8 hrs with a 30 min meal break.) is no longer possible on myTime for Target. It WAS possible when Shift Swaps first rolled out back in Summer 2022, but they disappeared sometime in mid 2023.

It makes shift swaps such a pain because everyone can only see 8 hr (7.5 + unpaid meal) shifts or shorter in the shift swap section of the app, when most people work full shifts, and don't want to cut their hours by swiping shifts same or different day. It also forces you to use other means to try and swap with someone without working less hours, such as asking around with people or looking at the master schedule for people to swap with. Then going to HR and having them manually do it for you.

Back