Archived TL with 4 year degree?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a 4 year degree and I am just a regular team member. Been trying to find my career, but job market is tough out here. I definitely feel overqualified especially when people who have no school boss me around and make more money than me :p , but I just remind myself that it is only temporary.

This. I applied for both a SrTL and an ETL position, along with a seasonal position. Of course, I figured that one would need to work at Target for a bit before being promoted. I received the seasonal position immediately; I was OK with it. My SrTL's are about 27-30, and my ETL is 40+. The HR ETL is only 27, and flaunts her position unlike any other. There is a concept known as the Peter Principle; people are always promoted past their level of competence. I have not decided whether to go into Sales management, accounting, or retail management. I am realizing, though, how very little qualified one has to be to be in leadership at Target. I haven't undermined anyone's authority, as I am new here (at my other job, I often undermined the authority because of the incompetence and utter unprofessionalism). My leaders are pretty good, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back