Archived TLs taking long breaks?

Status
Not open for further replies.
actually kind of amazing that you as a GSTL are able to do that... i can barely take my breaks. i don’t always (usually i go on like a 5-7 min 15, bathroom break & drink of water), but dang i cannot not be away from the front without coverage. my etls won’t even cover the front when i’m closing by myself, so i’ll go and keep my walkie on.

also, how do you handle your cashiers going on longer breaks? i am genuinely curious because ours take as long as they can get away with. gsas can’t write up, so just today i had a vet tm go on a 47 minute 15. at least most seem to respect that i barely get my breaks and don’t take advantage, but if your tms see you go longer, i feel like they’d be more likely to, no?

For me personally, if I am on a roll getting freight pushed, I may not take a break until I am satisfied that I am far enough into what I am working on. As for a meal break I am all for it and I disappear, especially if the store is busy. My TL, ETL and STL are good to me and usually leave me alone if I am on break. Breaks are important to get your sanity back if you are stressed. Take a 15 and by all means 20 if you have enough coverage, if you are a cashier, it's a tad harder because there are never enough and floor people never want to cover,

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back