Archived TM discount online and gift card?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can I use a gift card online with my TM discount because it says discount will apply for redcard purchases. Did they change something? Gift card and tm discount a no-go now??

Probably to prevent double-dipping on the TM discount (i.e. using the discount to buy the giftcard, then using the discount again when u use the card)

Probably to prevent double-dipping on the TM discount (i.e. using the discount to buy the giftcard, then using the discount again when u use the card)
I was under the impression that the discount didn't apply on Target gift cards when you were purchasing them. I have seen it not make the deduction in the past, did that change?
As far as I know, you should be able to use your discount, though I haven't done it before, myself.

You're right, it doesn't apply on gift cards.

A while back, TMs were buying restaurant/entertainment cards here because they could use their TM & red card discounts on them. A $25 movie card got knocked down to $21 & change.
Looks like they closed that loophole, tho.

I understood that you don't get a discount on buying a target gift card, but you do if you buy another companies gift card. (iTunes, restaurants, etc)

I understood that you don't get a discount on buying a target gift card, but you do if you buy another companies gift card. (iTunes, restaurants, etc)

This. We've never been able to use our discount to purchase a Target gift card. That's now the case with other companies as well.

Hmmm, I bought an iTunes card a few weeks ago and still got a discount. I'll have to check that out.

You can use your discount on third party gift cards.

You cannot use your discount on gift cards that you purchased with non-Target card. If you bought a Target gift card with any other method or were given the gift card as a gift, then you are ok.

I know in the past, one had to type in (0 or 00)+TM into the promo code box to use their TM discount.

Yeah, we noticed last week that a TM was unable to get a discount on a pre-paid phone card that she was able to get the day before. It looks as if they might have taken that away.

I bought a Taco Bell gift card for a friend's birthday and could only use my red card to get 5% off. I was kind of bummed about that.

That really sucks if they do not allow you to do that anymore! Had I known I would have loaded up on another $1,000 worth of Southwest cards when I still had the chance!

This is from the RED360 website:

"Effective March 28, the Team Member Discount and Rx Rewards will no longer be applied when purchasing third-party gift cards at Target stores or Target.com. This includes gift cards from vendors such as Starbucks, Disney, iTunes and Outback Steakhouse.

Target is making this change to align with how we process our own Target GiftCards, for which we do not offer these discounts. This change will also bring us in line with the practices of other retailers that sell third-party gift cards.

Some discounts still apply. For example, you can still save 5 percent on third-party gift cards at Target by using your REDcard."

With the amount of money I spend at Taco Bell, I should have started buying gift cards a long time ago. I guess I can still save 5% though.

Yes. It was mentioned on the forums a bit ago, and many TMs at my store have been doing it for a few months (and thanking me profusely for letting them know it was changed).

Crud. Using the discount on my Virgin Mobile cards brought the monthly down to $30... and even less when it stacked with the week after Black Friday 20% off.

Also sucks for Playstation Network cards...

I bought an outback card on April 18 and got the TM discount, but not on my iTunes one. I also got it on a Disney one..... Ugh. I need $400 in Disney ones and was counting on that.

I never used my TM with my food stamps, but it works so why not.

And, my STL did not understand the problem when I asked him how I was supposed to have handled the retired target employee that bought a $100 target gift card and then used it on her purchase to get her discount. I was unable to explain it in a way he could understand - he even told me to slow down and use smaller words (and he's not a young one!). He's supposed to be getting back to me about it.

But seriously?????

I would say technically it's against the rules but I think of it like this. If you didn't know she bought it just to use her discount and she came into your line and wanted to use it for payment with her discount there would be nothing that you could say against it. She's kind of stupid for being so obvious about it but it's one of the personal preference situation imo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back