Archived tm to srtl?

Status
Not open for further replies.

signingminion

WAVing in the air like I just don't care
Srtl just gave notice. Waiting to see if they post the opening or just shuffle from outside or internal promote without giving everyone a chance. Nobody is on the bench at our store though one tm and I had the chance dangled in front of us-but it hasn't happened yet.

Do they have to post srtl openings? Chances a tm will skip tl and go straight to srtl? We already have mostly srtls/etls in our building, maybe it will be converted to a regular tl spot?

Not holding my breath at getting it, but I'd love to force them to at least give me a chance.

You really gotta kiss some booty to go from TM to Sr.TL

They do post Sr TL openings, but it's almost always either an external hire or a promotion from TL.

If a TL in your store does get promoted to Sr TL you can apply for the TL opening, but if they're planning on doing that then they might already developing someone for the role. But the odds going from TM to Sr TL are so low that it's basically nonexistent.

Typically the STL/ETL staff already knows who they want as a SrTL if it's going to be an internal promotion. This is a person they're going to make a peer, so they're usually handpicked.

Realistically, what will probably happen, is an existing TL will get promoted to SrTL and that'll open up a TL spot.

But if you haven't had any kind of TL prep...doing WTV's, mock interviews, setting up your situations/behaviors/outcomes....going into an interview blind can do more harm than good. You'd basically shoot yourself in the foot and prevent yourself from having any kind of promotion for a solid year.

Keep an eye on the hiring board and the target.com application site. Whether it's posted as a SrTL or TL will depend on headcount. The store is allotted a certain number of key carriers and that number changes every year, so they may not be replacing with another SrTL. That said, if you haven't done any prep, I wouldn't recommend it at this time. You would need the support of your STL and ETL-HR to make it happen, so you have to have convinced them you are ready to not only be a TL, but take on LOD responsibilities. If they don't think you are ready, your store isn't going to force you into the role. The best thing to do would be to re-iterate to them that you are serious about your development and they can guide you in the prep needed at that point they'll set a goal for when you could be ready, and it's not an immediate change. It's a process that proves to upper management that you are ready for the next step. I've made the jump from TM to SrTL and it wasn't easy by any means. I had to work hard at it and get a lot of guidance and prep from my mentors along the way. It absolutely is possible, but if you haven't been preparing at this point, I don't think the current opening is the where you should be aiming.

like everyone keeps saying the ETLs already know who they would want for SrTL if it is an internal promotion. You can always apply and they have to give you the interview. you never know it could help open a door that helps you get the promotions. Good luck!

I've applied for every tl position open, as it's the only way to show I'm interested and leave a paper trail...just need to nail down a spare moment with etlhr or stl to chat.

My store recently promoted a TM from the flow team to Sr. TL salesfloor. He started as seasonal back in October. A few TLs in the store were not happy.

I just recently got promoted to senior team lead from being a gsa . It was a long shot but I recently graduated college with my AA and am continuing my education for my bachelors . Since I got promoted however I have had nothing but stress. I hope it gets a lot better soon

When they are LOD, they are in charge (supposed to be anyway). Some go on a power trip, but others are just trying to run a multi million dollar business to the best of their ability. It's really going to depend on the store's leadership as to how they handle SrTLs. They're in a weird quasi-ETL role. They are the peers of the ETLs and also their subordinates. They're the peers of the other TLs and also their superior. They should never be coaching other TLs, but they should be looked to for advice and coaching by other TLs. It's just a weird position.

When they are LOD, they are in charge (supposed to be anyway). Some go on a power trip, but others are just trying to run a multi million dollar business to the best of their ability. It's really going to depend on the store's leadership as to how they handle SrTLs. They're in a weird quasi-ETL role. They are the peers of the ETLs and also their subordinates. They're the peers of the other TLs and also their superior. They should never be coaching other TLs, but they should be looked to for advice and coaching by other TLs. It's just a weird position.

Yes everyone, including the STL technically goes to the LOD (Which can be a SrTL).

So SrTLs shouldn't be coaching or putting TLs on CCAs? Then what's the point of being SrTL? Their only purpose are to be LODs?

6f8cb22cc6aff2709fc3d760b85b84f6fdbcb4aca0285bd40d8c5a7f74280f9b.jpg

SrTL still isn't as weird as GSA. At least they KNOW they are a leader. ETLs may give you a but of a hard time, but more times than not they act like they're your peer. TLs accept that they're below you, but you don't really have power over them except giving them direction when you're LOD.

As for GSA, you basically get bitched at by everyone down to TLs, hell even some TMs who have been there long enough. You aren't a TL so you technically have no authority but you're expected to own everything that happens on the front end. It's one of those positions your goal going into it should be to advance up asap. It also varies by store, where SrTLs usually play a relatively similar role, each store treats GSAs differently. Ive been in one where they speed weave, assign breaks, and answer help calls and that's it. Then...there's tgevother kind of store... where you'll be expected to do everything above plus Plano grams, grab carts, grab flex orders, be back up cashier while an ETL watches the front, zone, print signs, push candy and one spot, etc and just in general carry lube for when the ETL or SrTL wants you to hop on the dick.

Beware of the second kind of store. And as ive said before, never accept +.50 to be a GSA. If they keep having to hire externally and keep having people running screaming into the night afterwards they won't have a choice but either raise pay or eliminate the position.

leadership already have a senior tl in mind...probably even before that one put the notice in.....they open up the position for "morale" but they already have a decision on who is getting it...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back