Archived TMNT Sewer Lair

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deli Ninja

Formerly Softlines Ninja (Now in Deli Flavor)!
Anyone else getting dozens of calls about the $99.99 TMNT toy that was marked down to $14.99 for the week? They've been pulled from the shelves at my store and locked in the STL's office. Had one lady call 5 times when Hardlines kept giving her the answer of "they've been recalled" over the phone. The fifth time, I took the time to figure out what exactly was going on and gave her a straight answer. Evidently she'd called corporate as well and they never explained the situation, just told her that it had not been recalled.

Uhh, why would they be locked in the STL's office?

We got an e-mail stating that we were not to sell them, evidently. It was an error on corporate's side to have them so steeply marked down.

That seems rather illegal. False advertising lawsuit'd hurt way more than losing money from selling them too cheaply.

I don't know about that. Is it illegal to not sell an item you have in stock?
I can see it going either way in court, depending on how it's framed.

My wife follows a discount hunters blog/group and this was buzzing like crazy. Ever since Toys R Us clearance blast these ladies go crazy looking for deals. I can't imagine they took it well when they realized this was a mistake. My wife showed me how it was down to $14.99 - blew my mind! I don't think this could produce a valid lawsuit. I don't believe there was an advertisement for it being $14.99. I think someone bought one and the price rang up at $14.99. Then the word spread like a virus.

My wife follows a discount hunters blog/group and this was buzzing like crazy. Ever since Toys R Us clearance blast these ladies go crazy looking for deals. I can't imagine they took it well when they realized this was a mistake. My wife showed me how it was down to $14.99 - blew my mind! I don't think this could produce a valid lawsuit. I don't believe there was an advertisement for it being $14.99. I think someone bought one and the price rang up at $14.99. Then the word spread like a virus.

Gotta love the internet.

Huzzah! Now I'm going to be taking angry calls about the price correction all the rest of this week...

We sold out on Sunday.... it was crazy, I pointed it out to the GSTL and he figured it was just a clearance from the big toy clearance.

There was an urgent news about this today. No action was required. We were to make it right by the guest and honor the prices on about a dozen different DPCIs. They were working on correcting it. I saw that at 730am Central time but it was not marked down at my store at the time.
Someone in my store may be getting into trouble soon, then.

Didn't know these were an error! Rang up and sold two for $14.99 each on Sunday. Thought they were just really trying to get rid of them or something. Great communication once again spot....

Didn't know these were an error! Rang up and sold two for $14.99 each on Sunday. Thought they were just really trying to get rid of them or something. Great communication once again spot....
Yeah it was on the Urgent News on the PDA and REDwire. It was fixed by today sometime, but we were already out. Had people calling today asking about it. Someone at HQ got fired, lol.

Got so many pissed off guests!!!
One "is going to sue " target !! That it was bait and switch. ! I asked her if she could show me the paper ad or the sign! She showed me on her phone! I told her no, to show me the actual ad or sign!
She had to drive 30 mn to our store , and I told her no rain check!!!
But the "other " store was giving rain checks! I told her to go to that other store! Ughhhhh

Got so many pissed off guests!!!
One "is going to sue " target !! That it was bait and switch. ! I asked her if she could show me the paper ad or the sign! She showed me on her phone! I told her no, to show me the actual ad or sign!
She had to drive 30 mn to our store , and I told her no rain check!!!
But the "other " store was giving rain checks! I told her to go to that other store! Ughhhhh

No store should have been doing rain checks since it wasn't on sale it was TPC. It was not bait and switch, it was a pricing error that was fixed. We don't have to R/C a mistake you were late in jumping on..

My store checked the pricing this morning and pulled all the TPC signs at 6:45am when we started our In-Stocks scanning.

Haha, whoops, I did a couple of rain checks for that. Oh well. I guess if they already have the rain check, then we have to honor it? (The mom was reeeaaallly excited for her little boys).

No rain checks on a TPC? I don't see why the guest would be confused/upset!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back