To be or not to be? Is the front end being called "Guest Services" again?

Corporate seems to be using the term "Guest Services" in their messages, as well as signage for the Child Booster Seat promotion. "Guest Services" is also the name used in our Target Phone system. It wasn't that long ago we were told NOT to say "Guest Services", that our section was Service & Engagement or "service desk", that we were "Guest Advocates", "Checkout Advocates", "Service Advocates" etc. The sign above our service desk says "Exchanges and Returns", and on the second service desk "Order Pick-Up". The term "Guest Services" has been gone ever since our store remodel five years ago.

Will somebody at Corporate tell us what today's Politically-Correct name for our store's front end is? Inquiring minds want to know?

Yup was guest servives to guests , front end, services and engagement, returns desk internally at my store

your department is still service & engagement
your title is still guest advocate
beyond that does it really matter. if you took ten guests and asked them to tell you what your desk is called you'd probably get ten different answers. i use "guest services" and "service desk" interchangeably and i was a gstl before modernization.

Back