Archived Top Eight Things That Stress People Out At Work

Status
Not open for further replies.

ThatSFGuy

Electronics TM
A new survey by Harris Interactive came up with a list of the top eight things that stress people out at work.

1. Mediocre pay, 14%.

2. Unreasonable workload, 14%.

3. Annoying coworkers, 11%.

4. Commuting, 11%.

5. Working in a job that's not the career you want, 8%.

6. Bad work-life balance, 7%.

7. No opportunity to advance, 6%.

8. Fear of being fired, 4%.

Sound like a certain company anyone? ;)

unreasonable workload, and when i have to pick up other people slack!

Out of those eight I would rank like this, some are not issues to me but things not listed are.
1. No opportunity to advance
2. Unreasonable Workload
3. Bad Work-Life Balance
4. Fear of Being Fired

Bikebryan you've been away from Spot too long, that list is supposed to look like this ...

1. Guests.
2. Guests.
3. Guests.
4. Guests.
5. Guests.
6. Guests.
7. Guests.
8. Guests.

I forgot to put the #1 problem ...
Smeghead Bosses.

My top 4

1. Unreasonable workload
2. Annoying coworkers
3. Working in a job that's not the career you want
4. No opportunity to advance

1. Annoying co-workers (more so the incompetent ones, I don't care about being annoyed if they are taking of their business).

Beginning and the end for me. I can take the rest including the guests.

Last edited:
I'd say #4 and #8 are probably the only 2 that don't largely apply to Target. Let's face it, it's pretty damn tough to get fired from Target and for most people the store they work at is located less than 20 minutes from their house (in fact, the short commute because of the stores being primarily located in suburbs is just about the only strength of making Target a nice place to work).

Essentially my thoughts on the article as I was reading it were summed up in the last few paragraphs.
What legal protections do part-timers have as they cope with shortened schedules and the vagaries of just-in-time management? Not many. Less than 5 percent of retail workers are represented by unions. Labor laws also have not kept pace with changes in the job market.

Unions started to protect people from dangerous working conditions and for a long time I believed that's all they were needed for. Today, we have OSHA and other government protections providing a safer workplace but there's very little in place to protect people from being kept in low wages with disparate bargaining power with management.

1. Stl
2. Etl - HL #1
3. Etl - LOG
4. Etl - REPL
5. Etl - SL
6. Etl - HL #2
7. Etl - HL #3
8. Etl - HR

My Target version

1. Dead end job
2. Horrible pay, very bad during crazy mornings when you realize you just worked your ass off for maybe 40 bucks.
3. Co-worker complaining, its constant and its always the worst TMs. Guys ***** about hours and than turn them down!!!
4. Call outs leading to ridiculous workload. Again the complaining TMs
5. Incompetent BR TL telling our 3 person line to pick up the pace when it takes him 45 minutes to bowl out a chemical pallet.
6. Being constantly reminded at 830AM huddle about the vibe and being introduced to another future 22 year old logistics ETL with no experience and a degree in microbiology. Perfect.
7. All the other teams hiding the PDAs, ongoing issue which management does seem to care about, There were none in the room this morning on a truck day. Were the first people in the building.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back