Archived Training for Receiving/ Reverse Logistics Questions?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi everyone! To give you an idea of who I am: I'm a college student going into her second year. I'm an extremely hardworking and diligent team member; I've been team player of the month twice now. I have been working at my Target Express Store since the end of April, and I work mainly cashiering/guest services/order pickup, but I also do pushing/pulling/softlines/pfresh etc. My Target is exceptionally small so everyone does a little bit of everything. I'm also a closing expert. I don't have very many issues and love my job so much, but I do sometimes have health issues that cause me to call off(I do so well in advance and have gotten people to cover me so that it's not an issue for the store). If this is relevant, I also do have severe depression which causes me to be a little sluggish sometimes, but I'm good at getting into a headspace where I can self-motivate and get the job done exceptionally.

I was having a conversation with my TL today and we were talking about me becoming a TL/LOD sometime in the far future. She suggested that I bring it up to my Store Director asap so she could hook me up with training opportunities should they arise. I talked to my SD, and she said "we're actually looking for someone to work in receiving since the current receiver is leaving soon, would you want to train for it? If you take this position, it would lead to your promotion to TL and LOD". She broke down the responsibilities and it sounded very rigorous to me. For other receivers, how much of a time commitment was this? For reference, I work 20 hour weeks, sometimes less because I'm a full time student. I usually do 4 to 41/2 hour shifts with very occasional full shifts. Please give me advice!

Hi everyone! To give you an idea of who I am: I'm a college student going into her second year. I'm an extremely hardworking and diligent team member; I've been team player of the month twice now. I have been working at my Target Express Store since the end of April, and I work mainly cashiering/guest services/order pickup, but I also do pushing/pulling/softlines/pfresh etc. My Target is exceptionally small so everyone does a little bit of everything. I'm also a closing expert. I don't have very many issues and love my job so much, but I do sometimes have health issues that cause me to call off(I do so well in advance and have gotten people to cover me so that it's not an issue for the store). If this is relevant, I also do have severe depression which causes me to be a little sluggish sometimes, but I'm good at getting into a headspace where I can self-motivate and get the job done exceptionally.

I was having a conversation with my TL today and we were talking about me becoming a TL/LOD sometime in the far future. She suggested that I bring it up to my Store Director asap so she could hook me up with training opportunities should they arise. I talked to my SD, and she said "we're actually looking for someone to work in receiving since the current receiver is leaving soon, would you want to train for it? If you take this position, it would lead to your promotion to TL and LOD". She broke down the responsibilities and it sounded very rigorous to me. For other receivers, how much of a time commitment was this? For reference, I work 20 hour weeks, sometimes less because I'm a full time student. I usually do 4 to 41/2 hour shifts with very occasional full shifts. Please give me advice!
Receiving requires at least 37 hours a week .

As a student I would not take that gig. It's one you either are do it or not. It's full time and you are pretty much by yourself with little to no support. I do receiving when our main receiver is off/calls out. It's work, true you get to know a lot but you are always the one juggling a bunch of stuff without help and dealing with vendors, sweep trucks ESIM sometimes all at the same time can be a bitch.

Last edited:
At a small format, it is still part time. At my low volume, I think he gets around 25 hrs in receiving and makes up the rest in GM.

At my store I have vendors coming between 6am-2pm. Target's official receiving hours are from 8-2 so someone needs to be available to do the receiving between those hours. I am scheduled about 37 hours every week and sometimes will work up to 40. Since you are at a smaller store I'm not sure how that works. But at my store most vendors will come before 11am, with typically only the pop delivery guys coming later. I would check with your SD, but chances are that being a full time student and a receiver will not be possible.

My store hired me as a full-time, 40 hours per week receiver, is that not common?

Hey, hope someone can help me here...I came back from vaca and I have Tons of MIRs that were pulled, but not shipped. How long do I have before they drop off and I cant ship. Revlog says 09-20 now....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back