Archived Training Gaps

Status
Not open for further replies.

CTL

I need some advice here. Specifically from GM team leads, if possible. I don’t want to make assumptions, but I feel like there is a lack of caring from my GM peers.

I feel like at my store we have established that things are not moving in the right direction. Freight isn’t getting done, the floor looks like crap, and abandons take a backseat. POGs are weeks behind, the team is just stressed, and the team leads don’t seem to be doing anything about it. Again, I don’t want to make assumptions, so GM leads, please help me out here.

Is it too much for me to ask that, instead of just yelling at their team, they actually take some time to train their team members on proper techniques and processes to be more efficient? I understand that they want the freight to be caught up, and taking time to train takes away from that, but we are never caught up anyway.

Training is the biggest gap right now with my store, so I feel like we would really benefit from it, but they clearly don’t see the value of it. I have been working with my team to show them how to do certain things, that I normally do myself (i.e. powered equipment/making a bale). Also, showing them how to do fill for depths, zone expectations, keeping minimal stray. What it’s doing for me now is allowing me to spend more time cleaning up after the dayside teams. That’s not how it should be, when I have to spend an hour rearranging the stockroom just to pull paper, it comes in handy that my team can handle most things.

How do I get my peers to see the value of proper training? Am I being unreasonable in expecting them to train their teams? I’m not a GM team lead, so I don’t see what they see necessarily, so any help from other GM leads would be greatly appreciated.

You might want to pull your DSD to have a meeting about your concerns. Don’t throw your peers under the bus, but if they won’t listen you have a right to complain that they are making your job harder.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back