Archived Training in areas I know next to nothing about. Help!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was just offered the chance to train for pricing and POG. I have the feeling these are highly-coveted jobs and am preparing to be hated by my coworkers. Still wondering why they chose me. I've only been with Spot for 13 months which isn't much at my store.

I looked thru guides on this site and pulled up threads about both pricing and POG but am still confused. Would anyone be willing to give me a basic run-down of what these workcenters entail? It would be much appreciated!

Pricing does all the clearance stickers for marked down products.
Pog or Plano does the new sets, revisions, PTM, sale planners for the store.
You best bet is to talk to someone on those teams for more info. I would take this as an opp to learn something new.

@Doglover89
From another thread:
Pricing is a mixture of easy and hard things. You are visiting areas of the store that are PTM, or let's call it broken. It's frequently a mess, left unzoned because pricing will fix it when they go through.. The lack of salesfloor has really hurt us though.. causing a 16 hour workload to take 18, a 26 hour workload to take 30 (to mark and push like us)

The little things we do are very easy.. you just need to be detail-oriented. Do not think that just because there are 10 black long sleeve shirts in a row that they are all the same. Things are put on the wrong size hanger all the time too so don't count, just scan each tag.. it doesn't take much longer.

Ask for the Pricing Team Lead to print out a schedule of what goes clearance each day so you know which endcaps to scan. Or take a note and tape It to your cart.

while you are still learning, scan everything.. don't assume. Target LOVES to bring the same exact item back that you just clearanced, and just change the dpci number. Have fun explaining that to guests.. lol.
Thanks
@ClearanceMaster, Apr 9, 2015

Still wondering why they chose me. I've only been with Spot for 13 months which isn't much at my store.
Don't question why, just jump at the opportunity.

Pricing and POG really are good jobs. For most of the year the hours can be really good, and at least for POG in many stores they mostly work only weekdays. You also get to work everywhere in the store, and get a chance to learn a lot about store processes. The more you know the more valuable you are.

Basically we go to each area of the store and follow a task list. Softlines is "harder" to do because the hanging clothes are not located, so you have to scan everything and listen to the beeps of the mydevice to find out what's happening. The individual tasks we do are not hard.. we mark clearance down further that isnt selling whenever it drops in the task list. We also send things away that have ran it's course. Then we mark fresh new stuff to draw people in. We also change prices of items around the store whenever we are directed.

You basically follow a tasklist around and do what it tells you.

I would definitely jump at the opportunity.

Haha no that reaction comes from a lot of people.. one person at my store "trained" and said it was boring. But we only had her scheduled because we were scanning every single item in BTS. Of course that's boring. She didn't remerchandise half a softlines department when you have 2,000 first markdowns. It's fun listening to the softlines TL squirm. She can't say anything really because I keep the blocks and everything together.. lol.

Pricing is the best position I ever fell into. Of course there are days where all hell breaks loose and we feel like we are never going to get done. but on most days its so chill and everyone pretty much leaves me alone. I love zoning clearance endcaps and making everything look neat. It is very detail oriented but I almost never get bored. The days go by so fast for me when I am on pricing as compared to salesfloor or cashier.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back