Archived Training with new process

Status
Not open for further replies.
So im a former flow trainer and a new inbound trainer and i was wondering on how you guys are training new inbound hires
Because im finding my new trainees
Are just getting overwhelmed by the amount of info i have to give them in a short amount of time and they just end up leaving after a few days.

Are they given the inbound training guide? I'm word oriented and learning audibly is harder for me than if I can read it as well. I didn't get one when I started in my first role and even said I wished I had something to read. Nobody ever offered anything. When I learned it existed a year ago (I've been there 4 yrs now) I was like wtf??? :rolleyes:

Are they given the inbound training guide? I'm word oriented and learning audibly is harder for me than if I can read it as well. I didn't get one when I started in my first role and even said I wished I had something to read. Nobody ever offered anything. When I learned it existed a year ago (I've been there 4 yrs now) I was like wtf??? :rolleyes:

Theres a training guide?

Exactly. Every work center has a printable guide. We just started giving then out during orientation recently. Maybe it'll give the newbies a fighting chance. The newbs are dropping out faster than ever! :rolleyes:
This is the 1st time i have ever heard of there being training guides. I think if target wants there teams to do everything independently then their going to need more then 4hrs of training with a random TM

The new guides break a Learning TMs training into 6 days with a different focus each day. Hopefully new TMs will be able to train this way!

6 days of training?? Do they think Spot is MADE of money?

Seriously this is going to be dropped fast. They arent going to have the hours for this kind of training.

It isn’t that they’ll be with a trainer for 6 days. It maps out what they should be doing and learning on each of their first 6 days. I think Corporate’s reasoning was a lot of new hires were abandoning after their first week due to feeling overwhelmed and undertrained, and understandably so. This helps ease TMs into their expectations and roles and gives them plenty of opportunities to ask questions and seek feedback. At every orientation I stress to the new TMs that seeking feedback is a good thing and something I still do after the better part of a decade. Everything changes often enough that getting a refresher is a good thing and at my store nobody ever snaps or stresses no matter how long someone has been there and still asks questions (as long as it isn’t the same question every week 😂). We would rather answer them and have them do it correctly versus have them feel ashamed for asking and messing something up and someone else finding and fixing it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back