Archived Training...WTF

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been asked by not one, not two, but three other workcenters look at their new hires learning plans to make sure everything was right. Uhhh..... where are your trainers?

My TL gets irritated because it takes me away from push for a few minutes, but he gets that it's important and he is the main person that developed me into what I am so he makes jokes that it's his fault everybody comes to me. LOL

When I'm training, I make sure that ANY performance issue can't be cited as "faulty training". If someone is under performing, my TL knows it's them being lazy, not giving a shit, etc., not that they weren't giving the tools to do things properly. Makes weeding out shitty TMs alot easier. "Ok , you KNOW how to do this, you're just not doing it."

On the trainer list HR has, I'm listed under like 4 areas to sign off on learning plans.
When they wanted to make a guide sheet for finding training on WorkBench, HR asked me to do it.
I guess that's why my HR chicks call me "Senior Trainer"... not an official title, but if the tiara fits....

Because of this thread and me merely feeling bad about it, I informed an HRTM and the STL about the Logistics leadership team neglecting their duties and responsibilities:

- Proper training from trainers
- Several of us who does cardboard haven't been certified for baler and compactor
- Those on the line haven't been certified for the power conveyor
- Several of us are backroom trained but aren't keyed nor have we taken the backroom quiz
- We have people who operate the stacker and wave without being certified

My STL was livid. She chewed them out and put them on a final corrective action. How I know she put them on a final CA? Because my ETL sat down with me to basically try and "bully" me. She was like you should've spoken with me first about your concerns before running to the STL. Oh? So I suppose to come to you and tell you to do your job and not expect to receive a coaching from you? Yeah right.

The entire Logistics team (flow, BR, BR day) are all getting retrained, those who need certification will be getting it ASAP. Logistics trainers from three other stores in our city will be coming to our store to retrain us all starting on Monday per DTL orders.

My ETL & TL may hate me now but I could careless. No wonder Flow has such a high turnover rate. You expect these people to give it their all with an hour of training. Most don't even make it past a month because of their "performance".

Because of this thread and me merely feeling bad about it, I informed an HRTM and the STL about the Logistics leadership team neglecting their duties and responsibilities:

- Several of us who does cardboard haven't been certified for baler and compactor
- Several of us are backroom trained but aren't keyed nor have we taken the backroom quiz

My STL was livid. She chewed them out and put them on a final corrective action. How I know she put them on a final CA? Because my ETL sat down with me to basically try and "bully" me. She was like you should've spoken with me first about your concerns before running to the STL. Oh? So I suppose to come to you and tell you to do your job and not expect to receive a coaching from you? Yeah right.

The entire Logistics team (flow, BR, BR day) are all getting retrained, those who need certification will be getting it ASAP. Logistics trainers from three other stores in our city will be coming to our store to retrain us all starting on Monday per DTL orders.

My ETL & TL may hate me now but I could careless. No wonder Flow has such a high turnover rate. You expect these people to give it their all with an hour of training. Most don't even make it past a month because of their "performance".

GTC for you.
Risky and there may be payback later but you have my complete and total respect.
They should be giving you top performer honors but somehow I don't think that is going to happen.

You're a rockstar

I just realized that you never told us how your ETL found out it was you that blew the whistle.... Unless you told her, She shouldn't have known...

@commiecorvus Aha! I'm one of those blunt rebellious types who likes to question leadership out in the open, especially if they're being an asshat towards other TMs. I only speak up when it's absolutely needed. Rather than them be told lies about the situation, I decided to just go ahead and inform her while in front of the team of my chat with the STL and the HRTM.

@commiecorvus Aha! I'm one of those blunt rebellious types who likes to question leadership out in the open, especially if they're being an asshat towards other TMs. I only speak up when it's absolutely needed. Rather than them be told lies about the situation, I decided to just go ahead and inform her while in front of the team of my chat with the STL and the HRTM.
This is why I was "asked" to not attend huddle. (and I'm ok with that - smart huddle is not)

I think this falls under the "Work as if you don't need the money" ;)
GTC to you for showing 'em how it should be done.

I'm officially now paying the consequences for my actions. She's doing everything in her power to get me to slip up. For the past three days when we have huddle she'd send me to the back to start unloading the trailer ahead of the team. Today after unload she'd given me an impossible task to complete: 1) Work all of stationery and 11 stationery repacks by myself. 2) Work all of kitchen and 9 kitchen repacks by myself. 3) Work all of pets and 7 pets repacks by myself. The time limit? Oh, 3 hours. I got done with stationery and kitchen at the three hour mark but pets was completed 40 minutes later.

So she wasn't pleased that I didn't complete her task. She took me off stage and we went into an office. I immediately pulled my phone out and start recording. She was like "what are you doing?" Oh me? "I'm recording this coaching." So she told me to put it away. I told her no and that I have the STL's permission to document my coachings. She just looked at me like I was crazy and dismissed me... didn't even continue with her coaching.

I don't think I'll be around much longer. She's bound to find a slip up... I'm just gonna continue to work like I always do and ignore her.

I'm officially now paying the consequences for my actions. She's doing everything in her power to get me to slip up. For the past three days when we have huddle she'd send me to the back to start unloading the trailer ahead of the team. Today after unload she'd given me an impossible task to complete: 1) Work all of stationery and 11 stationery repacks by myself. 2) Work all of kitchen and 9 kitchen repacks by myself. 3) Work all of pets and 7 pets repacks by myself. The time limit? Oh, 3 hours. I got done with stationery and kitchen at the three hour mark but pets was completed 40 minutes later.

So she wasn't pleased that I didn't complete her task. She took me off stage and we went into an office. I immediately pulled my phone out and start recording. She was like "what are you doing?" Oh me? "I'm recording this coaching." So she told me to put it away. I told her no and that I have the STL's permission to document my coachings. She just looked at me like I was crazy and dismissed me... didn't even continue with her coaching.

I don't think I'll be around much longer. She's bound to find a slip up... I'm just gonna continue to work like I always do and ignore her.

I'd call the Hotline now and start documenting.
Make it about whistleblowing and she's got to be a whole lot more careful.
Love the recording the session.
Wish I'd done that.
But yeah, call the hotline now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back