Transfer dc’s

Anyone ever transfer dc’s? What are the steps in doing so? If I’m at the max pay of the progression at my current dc do I start at max at the new dc?

Thanks, any info would be helpful.

As far as pay goes... I believe if the DC you transfer to has a higher pay scale than your current DC, your pay is adjusted to the same step on their scale. If your current DC has a higher pay scale, you stay at your current rate until the new DC’s scale catches up.
At least that’s what I was told by one of the people who transferred from my building.
Back when DCs went from merit raises to progression, anyone who was above the new cap would get a “bonus” in lieu of a raise, I’m not sure if that’s still policy though.

As far as pay goes... I believe if the DC you transfer to has a higher pay scale than your current DC, your pay is adjusted to the same step on their scale. If your current DC has a higher pay scale, you stay at your current rate until the new DC’s scale catches up.
At least that’s what I was told by one of the people who transferred from my building.
Back when DCs went from merit raises to progression, anyone who was above the new cap would get a “bonus” in lieu of a raise, I’m not sure if that’s still policy though.
I believe my building has a higher rate than the new building (northern state vs southern state). So you are saying I wouldn’t lose pay? I will have to get the ball rolling.

I believe my building has a higher rate than the new building (northern state vs southern state). So you are saying I wouldn’t lose pay? I will have to get the ball rolling.
That’s what I was told by a TM that transferred to a lower scale DC, but that could be dependent on how hard up the other DC is for employees. The one he transferred to sounded desperate.

If you know the one you're trying to transfer to, have your HR reach out to their HR. If you only know the area you want, have your HR check available DC locations. As far as I know FDCs work on 8 hour shifts because of the refrigeration so if you're looking to keep your 4 tens or 3 twelves, then an FDC is not for you.

HR will probably set up a phone interview with some peeps at the new DC. And you'll sign a transfer stating you accept the transfer. The date can be tentative in case you're not exactly sure because of things that need done before the move.

They did initiate a new policy as of last year in which you will probably lose seniority for mass vacation. You still have company seniority but as far as going to a new building, you go to the bottom of the list as far as the mass vacation form goes. Just giving you a heads up. Ask HR to be sure but that's what our DC told us last year.

Good luck.

If you know the one you're trying to transfer to, have your HR reach out to their HR. If you only know the area you want, have your HR check available DC locations. As far as I know FDCs work on 8 hour shifts because of the refrigeration so if you're looking to keep your 4 tens or 3 twelves, then an FDC is not for you.

HR will probably set up a phone interview with some peeps at the new DC. And you'll sign a transfer stating you accept the transfer. The date can be tentative in case you're not exactly sure because of things that need done before the move.

They did initiate a new policy as of last year in which you will probably lose seniority for mass vacation. You still have company seniority but as far as going to a new building, you go to the bottom of the list as far as the mass vacation form goes. Just giving you a heads up. Ask HR to be sure but that's what our DC told us last year.

Good luck.
That’s weird because people that transferred from stores keep their seniority. Either way it isn’t all that important to me.
Thanks for your response.

Back