Archived Transfer Nightmare, who was wrong?

Status
Not open for further replies.
So in October I decided to move out of state to go to college full time. I don't actually move till January. I talked to my HR ETL and put in my transfer request. He told me we had to wait for the other store to contact him and he would let me know what to do next. A month goes by and still no word from him. So i finally asked him if he had heard anything, he tells me that they still haven't contacted him. Another month goes by and I start getting worried. Now every time I see him I ask about my transfer. And every time I am told that he hasn't heard from them yet. Fast forward to now, my last scheduled day was last Saturday. Before I left the store I confronted him and asked him what was going on with my transfer. His response was, "I'm sorry I don't know what to tell you. They haven't reached out to me and I cant force a transfer." So i finally just call the store myself and they tell me that they saw my transfer request when I first put it in and were waiting to hear from my HR ETL. After talking to the other store it seems like they are going to have a spot for me and my transfer will work out.

My question is who was wrong here? Was it my HR that didn't do what he was supposed to be doing to make this transfer happen? Or was it the other store who was supposed to reach out first? Or was I supposed to just do it on my own? Is this something I can call the hotline about? If this guy cant do his job I don't think he deserves one.

There have been two other team members at my store that had a hard time transferring with my ETL. They ended up having to call the other store themselves just like I did. Now that can't be a coincidence can it? Seems like he could have done more than just send one lousy email. I gave him 3 months notice and still nothing was done.

This just really bothered me and I was wondering if anyone had any input on this kind of thing.

Your etlhr is bad. They didn't contact the other store. I had a tm stay on my Etl hr every day, after visiting the other store, finding out their Etl hr was not getting a return call or email from my hr. N the end, the paperwork finally got done. That tm, did have the stl blessing too. He was sad about it. But, he understood why.

Honestly I think it's both of the ETL HR are at fault. I had the same problem with my transfer too. The ETL HR at the store I wanted to transfer to never contacted me or my ETL HR. So my ETL HR decided to call them and she made sure to get into contact with that store. And she did that in like two weeks. She was amazing!

In the end, you got your transfer! Congratulations :)

I transferred up to college as a GSTL. It was an uphill battle. My ETL-HR knew my intentions for almost two years prior to it happening, and in the end, it still came down to me taking my future into my own hands. What you have to realize is that even though it's not right--it's all about who is gaining here. The new store is gaining a seasoned TM, but your store gains nothing from your transfer, so of course your needs went to the bottom of the pile.

Now that you have everything lined up, just focus on learning the culture of your new store. I wouldn't rock the boat with any negative feedback or a hotline call, since you're not sure what is going to happen in the upcoming months with your new store. This would also negatively impact any chance of return should circumstances change (which shouldn't happen, but life can be unpredictable!).

So, such as life the motto "no one has your back but you" is a great lesson here. Trusting someone else (especially someone like a Spot ETL) to have YOUR best interests in mind sounds excellent in a perfect world, but it is rarely the case. You did your due diligence, and you will be walking into a job at your new life. Enjoy your last few days with your current team, and just face forward into your upcoming adventures.

Congratulations once again. You did the right things.

To mirror what others have said it sounds like you have a bad etl/hr. More likely than not he.she forgot to do what they needed to do ( or maybe they just didn't care enough to do it anyways) and instead of saying ...sorry let me check into that etc...they had to pass the buck. That's Spots leadership for you

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back