Archived Transfer Question

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey all,
So, for the last...4 months or so, I've been considering moving to a different city, about 1.5 hours away from where I currently live. I would love to transfer Targets along with this move, as there are more than one where I intend to go. Unfortunately, I believe that I may have run into a problem.
Last Friday at work, a TL followed up with a corrective action from a previous incident. I left keys in the bailer (for about 30 seconds) and an LOD found them. Anyway, despite how trite that incident was, I was told that I am on FINAL for about the next 11 months.
So, I guess my question is: are there any ways I can transfer during this time? Or I am I totally out of luck? Is it possible for me to give notice and quit, then reapply after moving? I'd like to continue my time at Target, but as the days pass, I become more weary about sticking around. The company seems to be taking a strange and unfortunate turn, on the whole.
That is all. I guess I said a lot more than I had originally intended.
Any answers are greatly appreciated! Thanks.

P.S. - 3 a.m. coffee and surf rawk parties with 6:30 work start times are the best. :crazy:

Make sure you keep your hand on the keys till it's done. I would of said to you, here's your keys. Please don't do it again without doing a ca or final. If it was electronic keys, we would have a chat.
Did you sign anything?

Not true about the transfer, HLM. You CAN transfer, but you need to have the blessing of your STL and HR. Depending on the position you're transferring into, it might require HRBP approval as well.

I did sign the incident report or whatever that the LOD who found my keys wrote. I understand the safety violation and how seriously the company takes it, but it feels ridiculous to be on final for this. If our leadership hung around the backroom for a full day, the entire BR team would be on final. Keys are passed around and left in the baler, wave, stacker, etc. constantly.
Perhaps I'll have to ask my ETL-HR about the transfer soon enough. I am fairly well-liked by leadership, as far as I can tell, so maybe I will be allowed to transfer despite.
Hmmm...

Not true about the transfer, HLM. You CAN transfer, but you need to have the blessing of your STL and HR. Depending on the position you're transferring into, it might require HRBP approval as well.
That maybe true. But at my store, you are on ca & final, the Stl says no way.
If you arent on ca or final, my Stl gives her blessing.

I was coached (possibility of it becoming a CA) one time for 10 minutes of overtime while I was 1 week from a transferring to another store, my ETL said if I get the CA I couldn't transfer for a year. If I quit and was marked as rehirable, I will have to wait 90 days or 6 months to re-apply at a new store.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back