Archived Transfer question

Status
Not open for further replies.

FrontEndFirecracker

Vibe Machine
I'm a somewhat newly promoted GSA at an A volume store. I am moving 10 hours away for school, and did a phone interview for a GSA position open at a C volume store where I am moving. They said it would be 3-4 weeks before I hear anything, because they are interviewing other people in the store as well.

The GSTL asked if I would be interested in another position in the store if I was not offered the GSA position. How likely could this be - not getting a transfer in my position? I reaaaaly don't want to go back to working on the sales floor.

I would take any position, probably cashier or service desk as it relates to GSA, and let them get to know you and your skills. Then move up, if possible. Jobs are hard to get. I'd just transfer and see how it goes.

You are lucky, I didn't even get a phone interview. Called and told them what I have done...called back 2 weeks later and was told"oh, we're going to wait until you get here to do a face to face" Have had to call them twice to even try to get said interview. Been told by everybody else who has talked to hr that it's because they want me for a team lead position. Why wouldn't they tell me? Sorry didn't mean to hijack the thread.

Pretty sure this means they already have someone in-store that they want for the GSA and are planning to offer the position to that person. They don't mind transferring you, but it seems they aren't in the need of another GSA.

They wound up transferring me to a completely different work center - one that I have no experience in other than as a GSA - but they did not change my pay, at all. It's a regular team member position, so I'm alright with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back