Archived Transfer to Target corporate position

Status
Not open for further replies.
My spouse has been a SL TL for the past 2 1/2 years and would like to move up to a job in Target corporate HQ (we're located in the Minneapolis metro area). Anyone know what the policy is for a transfer like that?

She has the experience but it seems to be a challenge to get the store to offer support to a transfer to corporate.

It wouldn't be considered a transfer. She would have to interview for the job she wants same as anyone except she could do it internally (HR should know the process). I believe she would still have to have the store's support. It also seems to help to have an "in" person at corporate, someone who knows you, can vouch for you, and coach you on interview expectations/prep.

One of my old STLs went to corporate the moment they wanted to. I’m pretty sure their position was eliminated. They took another which also got eliminated later on and then ended up being placed back in stores as an STL. They initially went probably 7 years ago and ended up in a corporate spot for about 2 to 3 years total.

I also knew a regular team leader that asked to go to corporate and has been there for years... 5 or 6 years.

And out of my decade working for the company they were the only 2 I knew personally that ever even tried.

So it is entirely possible.

I don’t see why you’d want to though lol... the closer you get to the head of the beast the more literal psychopaths you will encounter. That’s not hyperbole. That’s actual truth as with any major corporation.

BUT they were also both consistently top performers and they both had to interview for positions. If your wife is getting average review scores you might as well wish in one hand and shit in the other... see which hand fills up first. That being said it won’t hurt to keep asking unless she nags someone to the point of vindictive irritation, lol.

Last edited:
I’ve seen a few ETL’s move to corporate. An STL also. I worked at corporate in Minneapolis and for semi-retirement I moved to a store. While at corporate I met many who came from a store position.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back