Archived Transfer v. Quit & Re-Apply?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I interviewed at Target 2-3 weeks ago, and I officially started this week. When I applied and interviewed, I was sure that I would be staying in town for college. Last year I went out of state, but it was really expensive and so I was planning to transfer to the university in my city for the remainder of my undergrad. However, I just received an increased scholarship, and that added to the fact that neither me nor my mom were excited about me going to the in-state school, I decided to go back to the out of state one. School does not begin until the end of September, and I was planning on moving out in the second or third weekend of September.

I've been searching through the threads here and know that at the minimum I would have to wait until the 90 day training period is up to request a transfer. I was just wondering if it was worth a shot to talk to any of my superiors about a transfer anyways? I would feel weird about quitting a month after I start just to apply at another Target in another state without saying anything. But then talking to my superiors is also scary (I have pretty bad social anxiety) and like, I'm not sure if this situation would be a bad reflection on me as an employee (?) so... yeah.

I've really been stressing about this and wasn't sure what to do. Any help/opinions are much appreciated. Thank you!

Talk to your etl & let them know about school. I have seen new tm's after 3 weeks of being hired, go on loa.

Depends on how much your leadership likes you. If they like you then they can try and get you transfer before your 90 days and put in a good word for you. If they don't like you, they'll give you the infinite run around. If you speak to them and they don't give you a definite answer then I would quit and reapply.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back