Archived Transfer

Status
Not open for further replies.
How soon does HR need to know about a possible transfer request? And if so how to make it easier? Not only in yourself but them as well. I want to transfer into a new store within the next 10 months. I would liked to transfer into a GSA position or transfer into my current position in electronics. Any tips, or helpful ideas will be appreciated. I know it's early but I just want to know what I can work on as of right now.

Reasons I want to be a GSA is because I have had to GSA before and like the position. I also already know how to close registers. So it would be an easy transition back to the front. (I've never actually been a GSA though, just a few shifts here and there)

Also is it just me or does anybody else thing electronics team members should be keyed as a supervisor?

Also how do you know what you are keyed for on a register?

Last edited:
Can't answer the HR questions, but I'll tell ya if you think GSA is for you, you want to know what it's like day in and day out at the store you're transferring to. If it's ULV, run away now. GSA stuff is fun when you do it here and there, but when the expectations are unrealistic and the pressure is on it can be a horrible position with nowhere near the compensation it deserves. Closing registers is about the easiest thing I do in any given shift.

As far as what you're keyed for on a register, just ask anyone with supervisor numbers to check your status.

Transferring to a different/new Target if HR doesn't help out much. Some ETL-HRs are more helpful than others. These are the steps from my experience as an ETL approving transfers.
1) TM has to find the Target they want to go to
2) TM has to verify with the new Target if they have positions open/or the position you are looking for is open
3) TM notifies HR about wanting to transfer and gives HR the information (store #, estimated transfer date, etc)
4) TM tells TL or their ETL about wanting to transfer. Better to tell ETL from my experience.
5) ETL looks at TM's work history (CAs, attendance, etc) and approves/denies
6) HR or ETL-HR will call the new store ETL-HR to verify transfer possibility
7) ETL-HR with notify TM if transfer is approved

I would give at least a 2-3 months notice to start the transfer process. For step 5, an ETL usually can't deny a transfer unless the TM has a bad record. If an attendance report is run and your name is on it multiple times, that doesn't look good on the ETL for wanting to transfer that person. Same goes if that person is on CA or Final. But if your history is pretty much clean the ETL doesn't have much choice other than to approve. If everything is good on our side then it is up to the new Target to decide if they want you. It's a straight forward process. You shouldn't run into any issues. Try to switch to a GSA position now, that may help later.

Register: Just log in to a service desk register. If you have a K4 GSTL menu and K7 Control Panel(?), you're keyed as a supervisor. If your K5 Functions menu has more than just K1 Open Drawer, then you have service desk privileges.

Transfer: Talk to your ETL-HR and check out the store to which you plan to transfer. Make sure you stay on them about it, though, so they don't forget. Also, it helps to have your STL's blessing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back