Archived Transfering

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm going to be moving in about 6 months. I haven't put in a transfer yet because I'm close to a promotion and would like to get some experience under my belt first. My question is how long before you wanna transfer do you have to put your transfer in?

I'm wondering the same thing. Also, does anyone know if it's possible to transfer just for two months, then return to your home store?

I'm going to be moving in about 6 months. I haven't put in a transfer yet because I'm close to a promotion and would like to get some experience under my belt first. My question is how long before you wanna transfer do you have to put your transfer in?

If you're moving a distance, I would suggest no less than 60 days. You can choose a date when you're available for transfer.

In addition, make sure you are NOT on a CCA or any disciplinary action because then you are ineligible to transfer. But if you're close to a promotion, this probably won't apply to you. Good luck!

I'm wondering the same thing. Also, does anyone know if it's possible to transfer just for two months, then return to your home store?

Between college years one summer, I decided to go back to my parents' house for a month. Bored there, I called my home store and within four days I was working at the store by my parents' a bit less than a month. So yeah it is possible. I doubt most HRs will allow such short notice but mine did. I wasn't able to clock in for a week or two but I got my paychecks in time.

theres a couple people who live in a town about 40 miles from us for college and some of them will come in and work for a month during christmas break and then transfer back to their other store. I'm not sure how that works out but it doesn't seem to be a big deal at all. We have at least 5 people who do this and we have others who we are their home store and they go work in this other town for a month or so during their school break.

Technically just about 2-3 weeks, but I would suggest to put in a transfer in a month or more ahead of time just to make sure everything is done right. Stay on top of the HR as well to make sure they are on top of it.

If you are awaiting to see if you get a new position, generally promotions do not transfer unless there is an open position and the new store approves you at the position as well. Some stores may want to interview you.

I would do it ASAP... They don't have to transfer you, and if the store doesn't have any open spots when you want to transfer you are SOL... I would kick myself if I waited to pass my TL interviews before telling them that kind of information, just to find out that the store just filled a TL spot and they could have held it open for me if I told them sooner!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back