Archived Transfering?

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I was promoted to PA about 6 months ago, after being asked by our CTL, and the other PA. As I already knew most of the job so I agreed.

Fast forward 6 months later, and the CTL and the PA who trained me both put their two weeks in within 24 hours of each other, and now I'm alone with my own $13 million dollar section, looked upon to train a TL who has never worked the sales floor (only back room), as well as another PA, at the same time, during which it is Easter Week, and we expect Steritech to waltz in any day now. My ETL seems to not give a damn as the whole "Sales Floor ETL" thing seems to have stressed him out..

also we have NO "market only" team members and are an A level store.

I have thought for awhile now about transferring to live with my brother.. until of course this happens. I got an E this year for my review (which in my opinion any other year would have been an EX, they reallllly had to dig deep).

I think it just depends on what positions are open at the store you're trying to transfer to, and the competence of the HR ETLs you're dealing with. It's usually not an issue unless you're on a final warning or something.

Firstly..you're an A volume and have no market TMs and no CTL or PA? Our store would be getting wrecked in that scenario!

Secondly, transfers are so unnecessarily messy and varied. I tell TMs that transferring is like trying to apply for the job you got all over again...except instead of a 15 minute interview, we have had a X #of years interview where we actually know how you are like. In some cases that is a good thing (top performer looking to transfer for a legitimate reason such as going to school or moving away) or a bad thing (bottom performers are screwed...period).

So I guess with you saying that you got an E on your review, how does your leadership team think of you? Primarily, the people who's opinion matter are your STL, ETL-HR, and your ETL. The ETL-HR has to sell you during their email or phone call to the other store...no one is going to want to continue with the process for someone who is "meh". I have also seen that if it's a higher position like PA, GSA, or TL, the STL of the store you're trying to transfer to may reach out to your store's STL for their opinion of your performance. In some cases I have seen transfers initially accepted but then mysteriously denied (or given some fake reason) once the STL talks to your STL and they give you a bad recommendation.

It's sad really, I think transfers should be more consistent with each team member, and everyone given the same effort level regardless of how much your store likes you. But I have seen the STL/ETL-HR go waaaaay above and beyond with a transfer for someone they liked, even getting them a better position than what they had initially, so it works both ways. But be warned, if you have really bad attendance or any corrective actions you are pretty much SOL.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back