Archived transferring calls

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I have a question on how to transfer a call back to the operator. Sometimes I will pick up a call on the wrong extension. Or sometimes the guest will have a question for another department. I know if you're on a phone that has a dial tone (like in electronics, or on a portable) when you pick up you can just press "flash+0" and it goes back to the TSC/fitting room (whoever answers your store's calls). However, I have not had luck when using a guest service phone (when you have to press # then 2280). Is there a way to transfer them back on those phones? I was also taught how to park a call back to 2280 a while ago and just announce it, but I have since forgotten.

you best bet is to ask the gstl for a fast answer. my system extensions are 3 digits, usually it would ring back to your phone after 30 seconds.
red, annie, static, imz, need some help here.

Depends on the type phone system (there are 2 that I know of).
Ours are also 3 digit.
If you need to put the call back on hold, click the receiver button briefly (you should hear a beep-beep-beep)then dial one of the parking numbers (ex: 34, 35, 36, 37, etc) before hanging up. You can then walkie that "XXXXX call is on 34" for whichever dept/TM needs to pick up.
To transfer back to the operator, click the rec button as above then dial "0" before hanging up.
If transfering a call (say, to service desk), click the rec button as above but dial the ext & wait for it to ring before hanging up.
This is for our system. Don't know how it works for the other system.

Our phone system uses 2280,81,82, etc. I don't think you can transfer a call back to the operator per se, but I guess you can try.

To transfer calls on the fitting room/TSC phone, hit Transfer then dial 2180 (to park the call on 2280. 2181 for 2281, etc.)

If you have a portable phone you can hit Flash(Talk), then dial 2180 to transfer the call as well. The old-style telephones with the receiver (mostly on the checklanes) you can hit the switch hook really quickly which is the same as hitting Flash on a portable phone (be careful not to hangup though!).

Calls will ring back to you if they are not picked up in a minute or so.

If calls are on night service, you dial 5529 to pickup the call that is ringing the store overhead.

Just remember that to PARK(transfer) a call you have to dial 2180, and to pickup the call you dial 2280. You can transfer, pick up, and retransfer a call as many times as you want.

Phone systems vary by store though!

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks! Will this work with the phones that automatically ring when you pick up and have the message "welcome to target, to speak with a team member blah blah" also? Our system is the 2280, 2281, etc. system

Thanks! Will this work with the phones that automatically ring when you pick up and have the message "welcome to target, to speak with a team member blah blah" also? Our system is the 2280, 2281, etc. system

Yeah. Fun fact, if you're doing a price check for lane 7 and the GSTL isn't answering, you can go to a red phone, hit # 3307 (lane 7 phone) and it'll call that phone. Same with 3209 (AP) 3250 (photo) 3300 (GSTL office) and 3242/3236 (guest service).

Red phones can be tricky, though. Sometimes they act up, and there's nothing you can do if it accidentally drops the call.

Yeah. Fun fact, if you're doing a price check for lane 7 and the GSTL isn't answering, you can go to a red phone, hit # 3307 (lane 7 phone) and it'll call that phone. Same with 3209 (AP) 3250 (photo) 3300 (GSTL office) and 3242/3236 (guest service).

Red phones can be tricky, though. Sometimes they act up, and there's nothing you can do if it accidentally drops the call.

If you use the system where calls hold on 33, 34, etc., to call a lane, 300+[lane number] is the extension for the lane you're calling (lane 5 is 305, lane 18 is 318, etc.).

If you're at a lane and you need a price check but the GSTL is MIA, dial 0 for the operator and ask them to have a TM in [department] call your lane. Price checks via phone take longer because the TM has to walk back and forth, but it helps to know this if the GSTL is stuck at Guest Service or otherwise unavailable.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back