Archived transferring/parking calls

Status
Not open for further replies.
I work in electronics and we often get calls sent to us from the operator by accident from another department. We have the 2280, 2281, etc phone system and I read somewhere that you can hit the talk button and dial 2180 to park it on 2280. We tried that and we got the beep beep beep, but when we tried to pick it up on another phone, the call was still on the phone we used to park the call from. Do we need to hit the end call button afterwards or what's going on?

We have the 2280 system at my store and I can't stand it. The 33 system is much easier in my opinion.

On the red service phones, you hit the receiver button and dial 2180, then hang up the phone. I would assume your electronics phone is a cordless; have you tried using the Flash button instead of Talk? Once you get the dial tone after the call gets parked, you should be able to hang up.

I feel your pain. I'm electronics as well and we have a little sheet they had posted around when it first switched over to the 2280 system right by the phone. Still doesn't work. Follow it step by step, and every time I tell whatever dept. I'm trying to transfer to that they have a call there's never anyone there.

On the 2280 phone system here is how you park a call.

On the red phones (with the switch & receiver), sharply push and release the switch and you should hear a click (this is the same as hitting flash on the cordless) ; dial 2180 and the line should beep several times, and you can hang up. The call is parked.

On a cordless phone, press Flash (Talk), and Dial 2180. You should hear several beeps, and you can now hang up.

Parking on 2180 will make the call available to be picked up on 2280

2181 2281
2182 2282
etc.

To pick up the parked call simply pickup any phone and dial 2280.

If the call isn't picked up in a minute or two, the parked call will ring back to the last phone that parked the call.

When I first started doing hardlines..I heard on call about a call parked on 2280 in sporting goods and I was like "What in blue blazes is 2280???" I did it wrong when picking up the call and it went back to operator so someone else showed me how and then picked it up

I haven't done it in awhile but at least I know how to do it haha I miss HL lol I feel like I'm losing my connection to the system and the store itself and I need a refresh of where things are in the store

I keep trying to pick up shifts in HL but they disappear so quickly...but I at least got one for this week but its not during CAF time but I'll take it..

Wait, on the red phones, you just pick up and dial 2280? It never works for me. I always get the robot saying something. Maybe I'm just too slow..

omg. Thanks! I kept asking and no one in SL knew, and the HL people never mentioned the # to me!

Weirdly enough we can't use line 2280 to park calls anymore, it will just ring back to the phone we're using.

Flash/Talk > 2181 > End. >>>>> someone somewhere else picks up the call on 2281

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back