Archived Transferring Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
I posted a threat similar to this a long time ago, but I'll be transferring out of state within a month. My HR and Store Manager are gone for the week and havent been able to put a transfer in, but here are my questions:

1. Do I have to put in 2 weeks at my current store or is the transfer instant?
2. If the store I'm transferring to has an opening in the positions I'm trained in, how long can they hold that position for me? (Being it'll be a month, and every store is fixing to hire holiday tm)

Also there are 2 Targets I'm looking in to transferring. Can someone explain the difference between a Super Target and a Target Greatland?

#1. The transfer will need to be approved at the new location, meaning they accept you going to work there; they have an opening, you are not on any kind of corrective action, have good attendance, good reviews, and have acceptable availability. Many ETL-HR's are leery of accepting transfers; sometimes the advertisement isn't anything close to the person that walks in the door. The store you are transferring to may want to talk to you over the phone - sort of an interview. They will probably also want to know how many areas you are cross-trained for. You won't be scheduled at the new location until all this has been resolved, they have hours, and can add you to the schedule.

#2. That is entirely up to them - this is the best season to find openings anywhere.

Super Target is along the lines of a Walmart(ew) with full line of groceries as well as all the fun of a regular general merchandise Target.

I didn't realize there were any buildings still called Greatland, but it's like a general merchandise store, just bigger, bigger.

If they have an expanded grocery area - that's a P-Fresh.

I hope that helps!

and I just gonna go out on a limb and hope that you didn't mean this was a threat - lol

When I put in for a transfer to another store while I was going to school for my Masters, the STL of the store I wanted to transfer to, had me come in for a face-to-face meeting. He asked where I was cross-trained, how long I planned on being there (remember, this was due to school), and if I would stay at that store during holiday season.

I am cross trained in Flow, Food Ave, Instocks, Backroom, and Plano. Our Target has close to 25 aisles of P-Fresh. 3 being Paper, 2 coolers, then G18-42 P-fresh dry goods thats why I was asking. I've seen others with a tiny Market, but a larger Electronics Department etc etc.

Thanks for the advice.

Aisles as in G2-3, 4-5, etc. It spands the whole side of the store with backwalls in Paper, Tissue, Freezer (juice, milk, icecream, pizza) then beverage and back half part of mini seasonal.

Last edited:
For number two, keep in mind that for a new hire, from drug test, to orientation to waiting up to two weeks to start after orientation (depending on when the new schedule comes out) it can be nearly a month, so that may not be unreasonable.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back