Archived Transferring SrTL to equal or higher position

Status
Not open for further replies.
O

OlympicBanana

I very recently was internally promoted to SrTL-Style and am very happy with my position as of now, though I would like to move up to ETL when that becomes possible. My fiancé and his company have recently gotten an opportunity for a huge/important project that would require us to move across the country for at least a year, maybe longer. This potential move would happen about 9 months from now meaning I would only be halfway through the 18-month period that Spot likes to keep leaders in one work center/store, but I'd like to transfer to another store in the area I'd be moving to be it as a SrTL or an ETL is possible. I was wondering if anyone had any similar situations or experiences with this and how it turned out for you guys.

You're gonna have to fight the brand new ETL interns for the ETL spots and pray a Sr TL quits at the store you want. It's like pulling teeth.

Yeah it's tough because senior positions can pop up quickly or be really scarce. We had a senior reach out to my store because we are a mile away but he had to settle for one 15 miles away.

Rather than transferring to a specific store you will probably have to be willing to work within like a 20 mile or more radius of your new area.

The step is for your hrbp to contact the hrbp for that area. And let them know your plans now. As you get closer to your move date ask them to keep you in mind. If you can be flexible with your move date that can be helpful.

Etl is tricky because you dont know how long you intend to stay in the area. The key from promoting from srtl to etl is to have someone in your district go to bat for you, hard to do moving across the country.

Also let your DTL know, unlike at the store level they have to sign off on your transfer. Ours has been known to make TLs wait the whole 18 months.

Worst case you take a regular team lead position which open up frequently and work your way up again.

Last edited:
If you'll be moving to a somewhat large city, keep an eye out for new Targets being built. Pretty much every new Target at this point is going to be a small format store, which requires an STL and a handful of SrTLs to run it.

Reactions: Him
Worst case you take a regular team lead position which open up frequently and work your way up again.

This is a dumb question, but will they lose their raise if they drop down to TL or just the dollar for being a key carrier?

This is a dumb question, but will they lose their raise if they drop down to TL or just the dollar for being a key carrier?

Not a dumb question you lose whatever the difference in paygrade between tl and senior. It might widen with the new paygrades

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back