Transferring Stores?

I’ve been working at Target for over 3 months as a food and beverage expert. My attendance is good and my TL and ETL seem to really like me.

My husband is looking to get a job out of state and there’s a good chance that he willget the position he is interviewing for. If he gets it, we will have to pack up and move everything quickly. I would love to transfer so I could have a job ready to go for when I show up. What is the transfer process like and would I even be considered being that I’ve just passed my 90 days? Currently I am waiting on my husband to accept the possible new job before mentioning anything to my TL and ETL.

Target's minimum is you must be employed for 90 days. We took a transfer one time but took them in-demand until we had a regular spot for them. They were able to pick up shifts in the app, and we re-keyed them back over to regular once someone quit.

If you are in good standing and the store you want to transfer to has a need, it shouldn't be an issue. As long as you have a competent HR, I have seen them drag their feet and not do the best job with communication on both ends and you get lost in the middle.

Back