• The Break Room is NOT an official service of Target Corp.
    This is a site run by regular people who are off the clock.
    We do not perform any HR related services, or affect any internal information regarding Target.

Transferring Target stores? How will my pay carry over?

I currently work at a Target in Texas. But I'm moving to Washington and am planning to transfer to the Target down the street from my apartment.
Currently I make $7.50,
Min wage where I live is $7.25, so I make 25 cents more than average.

In Washington, Min wage is about $8.65, so I was wondering if I would make $8.65 once I moved (If not 25 cents more) or if they would continue paying me a meager $7.50 in a city with a higher quota causing me to just barely scrape by...

Anybody have any idea? =]

Jettajunky

Ex-Front End Bangarang!
You'll get a cost of living increase! I moved to a store that payed $3 an hour more than my wage, bumped up, worked there for 6 months, moved back to my original store and kept the increase! Woot!

A lot depends on where you are going,when I transferred I applied to two stores in my new area,when I interviewed at the first they wanted me to take a pay cut,at the second it didnt come up and I transferred with the same pay,it turned out to be a great move.Best to keep an open mind about which store you want to go to,in my case I had a list of four stores within a 10 mile radius and that was a great help.