1. The Break Room is NOT an official service of Target Corp.
    This is a site run by regular people who are off the clock.
    We do not perform any HR related services, or affect any internal information regarding Target.
    Dismiss Notice

Transferring to a store

Discussion in 'Distribution Centers' started by Kezz, Nov 25, 2016.

Tags:
  1. Kezz

Kezz Member

So, I'm looking to move and the closest DC will be a 2 hour drive away. Not really do-able. My plan is to transfer to a store in the meantime just to keep a paycheck going (even though I know it will be a large pay cut). Has anyone done this in the past and have any advice? I'm curious about any work there that would be comparable or what I'd be good at doing. I'd like to avoid customers if possible yet still work day hours. Not sure if that's even a thing! Thanks in advance.

2. Dayside backroom. It's what I did prior to transferring to the RDC. It's a lot like Warehouse Dept, albeit on a much smaller scale, a little more freedom, and no prod to worry about.

You may also like Receiving/Reverse Logistics. Usually not many openings for that position, but it's day-side and it's analogous to IM mixed with Packet Office duties. Also pretty chill, if very
    detailed and paper-work focused.

Both positions are in the back, so guest exposure is limited.

3. Hardlinesmaster

Hardlinesmaster Well-Known Member

You will have reduce hours in the 1st qtr. Spot does that at the stores every year. Be ready for that.

4. OP
    OP
    Kezz

Kezz Member

Thanks fellas. Sounds like it should be a breeze.

5. smashandthrash

smashandthrash The Baddest RC Driver in The West

2nd dayside backroom. That's where I was before I transferred