Archived Transferring with a Final

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have one performance and two attendance correctives, so I'm on a final corrective for another seven months or so. Long story short, I have an injury that caused problems when I was working Plano, so I transferred to front end, and the medicine I was on caused me to forget things, like my shifts (twice, and as soon as I realized what was happening, I got off those meds and haven't had any problems since). This all happened over the course of six months or so. Here's the problem: I am moving across the country, and I have an HR who has already shown that she can't be bothered to help people with store transfers. I want to stay with Spot, but I need to know what my chances are of getting a transfer and how I would go about doing it, because I guarantee if I ask my HR, the answer will be "you can't transfer while on a final". The last time I asked about transferring to a different state, before I was on the final, I was told that I could only transfer if the store I wanted to go to was hiring, and I could only transfer in my current position, despite my having been trained for and worked instocks, plano, pricing, both hardlines and softlines, and cashier. To complicate matters, I was just informed that I may have to have surgery to correct my injury, which will put me out of commission for at least six weeks. So, should I take a medical LOA and try to transfer myself, or try to force my HR's hand? Any recommendations?

Just to clear this up for my own knowledge: is the performance relevant? You get 3 performances and 3 conducts?

You can't transfer departments or stores, or promote while on any corrective action.

Unless you get permission from district and regional HR. It can be done, I've seen it.

Yeah, unfortunately this is true. Although I don't know how you could get permission without pissing off your store's hr. Going to the district over your store's leadership would probably get you in more trouble.

My understanding about loa's is that your corrective action probation period is put on hold until your leave is over, then you still would have seven more months (or whatever time is left before you took your leave) to wait to transfer.

Your days at Spot seem to be numbered. Good luck...

I have one corrective for performance and two for NCNS, for a total of three correctives. And my HR only transferred me from plano to front end because she was forced to by district, because I had ADA paperwork, all of which is invalid now, since it was based on a misdiagnosis. So it does sound like I'm out of luck for a while. So my next question then is, if I quit now, how long do I have to wait for my correctives to fall off my record so I can be re-hired, if necessary?

You can't transfer departments or stores, or promote while on any corrective action.

Unless you get permission from district and regional HR. It can be done, I've seen it.

Yeah, unfortunately this is true. Although I don't know how you could get permission without pissing off your store's hr. Going to the district over your store's leadership would probably get you in more trouble.

My understanding about loa's is that your corrective action probation period is put on hold until your leave is over, then you still would have seven more months (or whatever time is left before you took your leave) to wait to transfer.

Your days at Spot seem to be numbered. Good luck...

You don't go ABOVE your Store ETL-HR, you still need to go through that channel.

Your ETL-HR would appeal district/region HR to override your CCA for a transfer, its not something you can typically go above their head for.

Wow, with everything you are going through with your injury, medication reactions and now facing surgery the last thing you should have to worry about is keeping your job. I'm sorry you are going through all this. I may have misunderstood but was your injury work-related? Also, I'm going to pm you a question. Good luck & let us know what happens.

It is highly frowned upon.... But its really all up to the store that your willing to transfer too. They ultimately would have the last say in the matter as there bringing you on as a "problem" team member. I know I haven't accepted a lot of transfers who are on CA's..

People need to take CA with a grain of salt. I've had many CCA at my old store (most were honest mistakes I made), and later I quit and was flagged Non Rehireable.

I got hired at my current store and had my Non-Rehire struck down, and they regard me as one of their best/most reliable workers. Received a lot of recognition during the holiday season this year.

Most people who are on CCA aren't "problem" TMs like many would lead you to believe.

Thank you all for the advice. As of today, I have to take a medical LOA anyway. So that may last through my moving. My HR as actually said she'll talk to the HR at whichever store is near where we end up moving to, when the time comes. So I may get to stay as an employee. I like working for Target, I just physically can't do the job. =(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back