Archived Trend runs

Status
Not open for further replies.
So we just got our trend run for home/bedding area reset and it's all bedding/bath stuff that all has second locations in the actual areas. One would think corporate would make sure stores would have enough product to actually fill both areas. Instead we either have to empty out home locations (which is what we did) or keep a trend run empty. We had enough product to put two, or three items in both the home and the trend run. It looks horrible.

So we just got our trend run for home/bedding area reset and it's all bedding/bath stuff that all has second locations in the actual areas. One would think corporate would make sure stores would have enough product to actually fill both areas. Instead we either have to empty out home locations (which is what we did) or keep a trend run empty. We had enough product to put two, or three items in both the home and the trend run. It looks horrible.

We had the opposite problem and had to back stock everything

Our VML "enjoys" backstocking along with every other specialty team in our store. We have all "enjoyed" watching our salesfloor become a free for all with regard to zone, merchandising, signing, inventory control, and replenishment.

My VML only sets softlines weekly. Never really seem them outside of there at all. I'm not looking forward to lawn and patio since it's all visual selling

Sometimes I wonder if there is strategy behind some of these things. The multi-loc sets must ease the supply chain or something. Look at seasonal, there are tons of "in with the new" food and chemical items. The CEO has said he is not interested in that business very much (more style or home) but then gives our most valuable space to low margin perishables! These trend runs are also not flowing new merchandise to stores, just adding space to existing merchandise. I would like to think they realize a new set is coming up and that they are trying to give us space for discontinued stuff... but that is lots of credit.

I'm not saying you're wrong, but why do we have to play all these games? Tie but don't set. Burn and restow, the aisle is full.
Tie, don't set, and change all capacities to zero.

Sometimes I wonder if there is strategy behind some of these things. The multi-loc sets must ease the supply chain or something. Look at seasonal, there are tons of "in with the new" food and chemical items. The CEO has said he is not interested in that business very much (more style or home) but then gives our most valuable space to low margin perishables! These trend runs are also not flowing new merchandise to stores, just adding space to existing merchandise. I would like to think they realize a new set is coming up and that they are trying to give us space for discontinued stuff... but that is lots of credit.
I mean it's like that every year with in with the new. It just gives flow a reason to suck even more and not push to the second locations in seasonal

I mean it's like that every year with in with the new. It just gives flow a reason to suck even more and not push to the second locations in seasonal
Our my receiver to line up every pipo pallet he's too lazy to put in steel...

Well my point is that the multi location sets are not value added in the first place. The payroll it takes to spread it out in that manner is generally non-productive since you are not increasing the SKUs available to guests. Not to mention, it is generally low margin stuff back there.

They need a better transition between Christmas and Lawn and Patio. I don't want Global Bazaar back, but at least actually bring something new in with "In with the New"... Its more like "All the crap we already carry"

In with the new was set today... Guess how much of it was left empty by pog. They had backroom pull their pulls and flow push the push and still couldn't be bothered to research it after or at least pull from home locations.

In with the new was set today... Guess how much of it was left empty by pog. They had backroom pull their pulls and flow push the push and still couldn't be bothered to research it after or at least pull from home locations.
Ours is mostly empty still but the POG team ran out of hours and left before lunch. There's always next week...

They need a better transition between Christmas and Lawn and Patio. I don't want Global Bazaar back, but at least actually bring something new in with "In with the New"... Its more like "All the crap we already carry"

Global Bazaar could work if they would get lower priced merchandise. Some of that stuff was really expensive but at least it was unique. In with the New is terrible and should be scrapped.

There are dual location dots, though knowing my ETL-HL they're never getting put up. And our flow team is allergic to checking secondary locations. Win-win!

So our trend run was set today, and it looks pretty ridiculous (not just because it's half empty). It is indeed all bed/bath items, which at my store has home location 30-50 aisles away. It makes no sense for us to use this space in this manner, and I'm sure it won't be long before someone decides to empty it and just flex other random stuff there.

So our trend run was set today, and it looks pretty ridiculous (not just because it's half empty). It is indeed all bed/bath items, which at my store has home location 30-50 aisles away. It makes no sense for us to use this space in this manner, and I'm sure it won't be long before someone decides to empty it and just flex other random stuff there.
Yeah ours is just thirty isles down the way.
Global Bazaar could work if they would get lower priced merchandise. Some of that stuff was really expensive but at least it was unique. In with the New is terrible and should be scrapped.

There are dual location dots, though knowing my ETL-HL they're never getting put up. And our flow team is allergic to checking secondary locations. Win-win!
Yeah I have little faith in our flow team. They pushed the stuff today when it was empty and didn't even push the merch into the right locations... But there could definitely be something better in there, they just don't dare try.

The In With The New rear seasonal set is completely pointless since just about everything is dually located, in some cases just in the next aisle over, in the case of market and water/gatorade. Sporting goods is in complete visual range and further introduces redundancies.

Tremendous waste of hours to fill and keep full, for no real benefit. It took POG two extra days of manually filling/stealing from home locations since batches didn't even pull sufficiently and Log TL wants no part of any batches that aren't CAFs.

Last edited:
It took POG two extra days of manually filling/stealing from home locations since batches didn't even pull sufficiently and Log TL wants no part of any batches that aren't CAFs.
Should have just gone through the lows/outs with a myDevice, updated the SFQs and then deleted the batch. Log TL will unknowingly have it pulled with the next autofill...

The CEO has said he is not interested in that business very much (more style or home) but then gives our most valuable space to low margin perishables!
Our CEO's background is supermarkets, Sam's Club, and Pepsi. No style or home experience. When most people have their backs pushed to the wall, they will go with what they know best, thinking that will pull them through.

I understand dually located merchandise on trend runs and in seasonal are a pain in the ass, but during a time of the year when people are not shopping, why fill these areas with NCF?

With that being said, I don't see why Spot can't just set some patio early, just like Christmas lights get set super early.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back