Tried to switch departments. :/

Hey guys, I've been a cashier for almost more than a year and a half, starting in March 2021.
I asked to switch departments two-three weeks ago, but there have been no changes.
Does switching departments really take this long, or should I ask and remind my TL again? This is my first time switching departments; heck, I am so confused.

Hey guys, I've been a cashier for almost more than a year and a half, starting in March 2021.
I asked to switch departments two-three weeks ago, but there have been no changes.
Does switching departments really take this long, or should I ask and remind my TL again? This is my first time switching departments; heck, I am so confused.
At my store switching departments can take a while, sometimes a long while. Your TL has to be willing to let you go, and the TL of the department that you are going to has to be willing to take you. Ditto the ETLs. HR and the SD will be involved, too. Whether you can switch departments at all depends on the departments involved, whether or not one department afford to lose a TM and whether or not the other department has hours to add one. Time of the year matters, too, sometimes it is easier, and faster, to transfer when your store is hiring, because it’s easier to replace you in the department that you want to leave. If any drama or store politics are involved that can affect the timeline either way. You might ask your TL how your transfer is progressing, if you think they will give you a straight answer, it’s hard to tell how productive that would be without knowing your TL. Good luck, I hope things work out well for you.😁

Back