Archived Triples

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back when I worked for Spot the store I worked at was a AAA volume greatland store. During Christmas Season I used to get scheduled o overnight to help unload three trailers . Has anyone in a high volume store ever unloaded three trailers?

Let's just say that night I remebered tha night i worked 16 hours and back in the day when spot would allow overtime.

We have a team member in our backroom who used to work at a AA volume store in the late 90s and he told me stories of 70+ hour weeks during the holidays.

Hats off to anyone having to do a triple! I've only seen weeks full of doubles, but not a triple. F that noise. I couldn't imagine the payroll needed to take a triple.

And for overtime, I've observed over the years that Target looked a lot better when there was more payroll. Shelves were stocked, backrooms looked great, TMs everywhere delivering excellent service, and sales were high. Maybe 2008 really made Target tighten the reigns. If it wasn't for going blindly into Canada, Target could have restored the old glory days by giving US stores more money to work with. Then again, HQ executives would have to share the wealth.

Now they try and do double trailers with only 16 flow TM's and expect day side to drop everything and push and back stock it all.. Same volume AAA. Yeah my day not a happy one.. Still had back stock from yesterday that was just sitting.. I spent 8hrs in soft lines backstocking.. Still had carts and tubs lined up out the door..

Our In-Stock batches are going to be huge tomorrow.. Since not much actually got pushed.. Bowled out sure, pushed not really..

Hats off to anyone having to do a triple! I've only seen weeks full of doubles, but not a triple. F that noise. I couldn't imagine the payroll needed to take a triple.

And for overtime, I've observed over the years that Target looked a lot better when there was more payroll. Shelves were stocked, backrooms looked great, TMs everywhere delivering excellent service, and sales were high. Maybe 2008 really made Target tighten the reigns. If it wasn't for going blindly into Canada, Target could have restored the old glory days by giving US stores more money to work with. Then again, HQ executives would have to share the wealth.

That's exactly it. Canada was such a debacle, and the worst thing is it was completely foreseeable. I was calling the failure of Target Canada as soon as I heard about it.

I'm in an A+, and I can't imagine us taking a double (not counting food trucks), let alone a triple. We almost always have a stationary trailer at our dock, especially during the summer (bike storage) and holiday season (overflow storage for toys), so we don't have the capacity.

Three trailers in one night? Holy hell. My store doesn't see more than three trailers A WEEK until fourth quarter.

Yeah three trailers in one night, it was a nightmare I will never forget in my retail career Besides working ICS at Walmart.

Three trailers in one night? Holy hell. My store doesn't see more than three trailers A WEEK until fourth quarter.

Yeah but it really isn't THAT bad. If your store can be successful on doubles, with a bit of help they can do a triple pretty easily. At a certain point only so much will fit on your salesfloor and it starts becoming mostly backstock. The backroom is the toughest part obviously, so you need to get the team in early to do autofills (O/N stores obviously) and get them done before the unload ever starts. Then get your BR Team on top of truck backstock right away.

My store was AAA for a while before 2008 but we were on the lower end of that. I never saw a triple unless you want to count the FDC + double.

The backroom is the toughest part obviously, so you need to get the team in early to do autofills (O/N stores obviously) and get them done before the unload ever starts. Then get your BR Team on top of truck backstock right away.

You want the unload running before the autofill drops. Acknowledging the DCI and running PUSH (or whatever the app is now) subtracts the contents of the trailers from the autofill.

Shouldn't autofills be pushed first so true backstock is more acc when i come to the back? We push the truck first and we find that while pushing autofills, a lot of them are BS because we pushed the same item from the truck. Mostly food. You'd think that the BR should be cleared first

Shouldn't autofills be pushed first so true backstock is more acc when i come to the back? We push the truck first and we find that while pushing autofills, a lot of them are BS because we pushed the same item from the truck. Mostly food. You'd think that the BR should be cleared first

Does your store acknowledge the DCI and run the push application before the autofills drop? Running the push application updates the accumulator for the entire truck immediately. Autofills update the accumulator as each item is pulled so unless you have pulled the entire autofill before the trailer unload starts, you're going to have duplicate items like that. The problem with pulling the entire autofill before doing unload is that it is more efficient to send it straight from the truck to the floor.

Say you have a case of 4 bottles of laundry detergent and that is exactly what is needed to fill the shelf. One case of that detergent happens to be on the truck as well as the backroom:

SCENARIO 1: Autofill is dropped and pulled before unload starts.
1. Detergent is pulled from backroom and sent to floor.
2. Detergent on trailer is placed on backstock pallet.
3. Detergent from backroom is stocked on shelf.
4. Detergent from trailer is backstocked and the backroom guy is cursing the accumulator for pulling the exact same thing earlier.

SCENARIO 2: Autofill is dropped and pulls happen during unload.
1. Detergent is pulled from backroom and sent to floor.
2. Detergent from trailer is sent to floor unless it happened to have already been pulled before PUSH was ran.
3. 1 case is stocked on shelf, 1 case is sent to backroom.
4. 1 case of detergent is backstocked and the backroom guy is cursing the accumulator for pulling the exact same thing earlier.

SCENARIO 3: Autofill is dropped after unload has began.
1. Detergent goes from trailer to floor.
2. Detergent is stocked on shelf.
The detergent in backroom doesn't get touched at all because the accumulator knew it was already being filled by the truck.

Our process has the truck acknowledged and PUSH ran by 10pm with the autofill scheduled to drop at 10:15 to ensure that the accumulator has finished updating from running the push. This is best practice because the less time you have to handle an item, the better. The only exception you would want to make is for perishable items like dairy because running the autofill after push means that the new product will be sent to the floor while the older product stays in the back but that's a whole different issue.

Back when I was a overnight Flow Team Lead we did 3 triples in a row one time. We tried to get the STL to let us do 4 in a row but he wouldnt let us. We always came clean on those triples as well. That was also when you were allowed as much overtime as you wanted. I took 1 day off from Black Friday until Christmas that year.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back