Archived Truck unloaders...What does your line look like with mordernization?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone know if there is any logic or method to how the DC loads the truck? Wouldn't it be easier if products were grouped together, even if it was just by fill group? I never understand why diapers or soft lines are scattered throughout the truck rather than all packed near other diapers or soft lines.
Logic? What's that? Seriously, if Target was logical, I can think of tons of things that would be done differently.

We have 2, sometimes 3 softlines breakout TMs and it takes basically their entire shift to do things now. It's all done in the backroom which means lots of stepping over each other and of course, lots of boxes and vehicles left behind holding all their stuff. Then we have other TMs to actually do the work of putting it away.

We used to have at least double that amount of softlines breakout TMs, and THEY would do the pushing once they were done. Not anymore. Sigh. We'd get done much faster if we did it the old way, and save the company the payroll they want to slash. Oh well, not my problem to worry about now.
Same here. I used to be part of the soft lines breakout & push process and we'd get the breakout done before the store opened, almost always, or delay taking our break until it was done. Folded push was usually done before flow shift was done. Z-rack push was finished up by the TM who worked the opening soft lines shift. Now, push seems to take forever, even extending into the next day rather often.

What's the team doing once the truck is done? When are they being sent home? Are inbound TMs getting all the hours they want?
The inbound team never gets the truck done anymore. It's finished up by sales floor TMs who don't know how to read a pick label or a shelf label or how to back stock. Some of them can't remember to get a box cutter and do a whole shift without one.
Getting all the hours we want? Hardly. Some of us are scheduled for only 3-hour shifts and pushed out the door at scheduled out times.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back