Archived Turkey time (all year long............)

Status
Not open for further replies.
It seems that every year now since we got Pfresh we end up getting stuck with a butt load of turkeys left over after Thanksgiving. Last year we had two pallets worth (not in location, even though I constantly made a backroom location for it) until late summer! Does anyone know how to get rid of them after the holidays. They lose their sales floor location usually in January and get forgotten back in the freezer. I'm told by the etl's and lod's and team leads that it is not a priority because the darn things will have a shelf life to cover the next Thanksgiving (yuck!) and it seems that they could care less if it takes up a pallet space in the freezer. I've been told that they have to be bcoded and backstocked into location for a report to be generated and have them sent on their merry way, but when i put them into location they will be pulled in the caf's the next day and or have the location m deleted. (no communication) Does anyone know what can be done and who needs to do it to get rid of them?

Also, when they get b coded with date and case quantity, is the quantity how many pounds worth of turkeys are in the box? Because the boxes usually have a quantity of around 32-48 a box with the actual turkey count being two to six. No one knows at my store for sure. I get the guess of the day when I ask!

Well our PA was tpcing them for the 2nd time yesterday when i left to get them out the door. A message board game down from hq saying to tpc them so check the message board on workbench.

We've never really gotten stuck with many turkeys at our store, gotten keep those orders accurate, however we almost always get a late season push of hams. Around a half pallet right before or right after xmas. And then usually again after Easter... Just make sure they get TPCed.

Also, yes, all scale labeled meat has the quantity in average pounds per case on the back room label.

If they fail to sell when on TPC, you just have to keep trying... or wait til before Easter.

We got stuck with a TON of Turkeys! Partly because our Turkey Brained CTL ordered hundreds each time he wrote an order....... I think we still have, close to 26 cases in the freezer..........

Thank you! It just seems that when they're no longer tied to the floor the head of Pfresh doesn't want them in the bunkers. My store lately has been on a HUGE "brand" kick changing everything that does or did work till everything doesn't. I don't see the team lead keeping the turkeys out on tpc when the sales planners have something else meant for the space. Besides all we have in the freezer are the Market Pantry 12 and 14 pounders. I have had quite a few guest come up and complain that the meat tastes really gummy and that's just guest talking to me, I don't know how many other people have fielded complaints. All that seems to sell at our store is the Butterballs, and the turkey breasts. Most of our guests go down the street from our store and pick them up at Shop N Save.

I'm about six foot two and the pallet of stacked MP turkeys is at eye level with me. (When I can see them through the packed rolling greens of smart ones back there)

I'm about six foot two and the pallet of stacked MP turkeys is at eye level with me. (When I can see them through the packed rolling greens of smart ones back there)

Holy moley! We never had quite that many at any one time and we sell quite a bit of turkey...

We did have an ETL leave out two pallets of turkeys out near the dock during a perishable inventory once. They noticed it the next morning D:

We WERE on track to have just enough or less of turkeys for they year (FDC kept cutting our orders around thanksgiving; it was awful) but once the turkeys DID come in, our STL kept overriding our orders and upping the count. We ended up with two pallets of huge turkeys. We ended up doing a big donation drive before Christmas that took care of most of it but we still have half a pallet in the back and we had to pull them all from the bunker for bounceback. Not sure what the plan is.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back